Chapter-7

''Where are you so lost my queen?'' Ranvijay asked Ananya who sat unblinking staring at a point. She took a deep breath, ''Our kids are growing faster than we thought.''

Ranvijay frowned, ''What made you say that?''

''Vansh is digging too many details about Suryagarh and the reasons for current disturbances.'' Ranvijay made himself comfortable on the bed next to Ananya, he processed the information then smiled, ''Its actually good, Vansh has unique ways of dealing things. Who knows his ideas might work in our favor.''

Their conversation was broken by the knock on the door, ''Come in.'' A girl of about 11 stepped into the suite pushing the food trolley.

''Chitra, what are you doing here.'' Ranvijay asked Sitara's 11 year old daughter. He was very particular about education and made sure kids of the staff gets best of it.

Chitra smiled, she was exactly opposite of her tigress mother. She was a fawn, sweet and soft, ''I had off , so thought of doing some work.'' She replied making Ranvijay a cup of teas.

''Then you should be playing or studying. This is not your job.'' Ananya explained

''But I like to get tea for Hukum.'' She said sweetly pointing out to Ranvijay. He smiled and gave her a hug, a gesture very rare when it came to people outside the family but Chitra was different. He applauded the way she expressed all in her heart bravely. He sipped his tea, ''That's one of the best one I had till date.'' That made the girl smile wide. He patted her cheek, ''But this is not your job. You should be studying, and if you don't want to do that today you can play in palace or with other kids. Promise me, you will never do the kitchen work again.''

''But I like it, and will always make tea for you.''

''Fine you like it but do it once you are graduate. I will get you a chef job in my hotel.'' He offered , she refused, ''Not in hotel, here.'' He just smiled. She took her leave and  hopped out like a bird, leaving an adorable smile on Ananya and Ranvijay's  ''Stubborn like her mother!''

''But she is adorable, she is more Baljit than Sitara.'' Ananya added. He nodded, the couple marveled the tea made by the young girl and Ranvijay decided the career Chitra should be in.

Chitra made her way to the elevator and came face to face with Vansh, who was stepping out of it. She greeted him and he smiled back, ''What did your teacher say about your science project?'' he asked

''She praised it but had a doubt if I made it. All your fault, I had told you to make few mistakes.'' She replied with a shake of her head

He chuckled, ruffling her hair he made his way to his parents room. Chitra fixed her hair pouting at him.

***

''Dipu calm down, I will speak to Vansh.'' Veer tried to calm Dipika who had turned restless at Vansh's growing concern for her.

''He is a kid and if this has anything to do with Rolli or Vikram, I swear I am going to beat both of them.'' Dipika replied angrily. She knew all three of them very well and knew it was Vikram's work.

Veer pulled her down next to him, ''Dipu, they are growing and  we can not check them on everything. ''

''Veer, I don't want them to face what we did. I want to protect them from all. You don't know how rigorous Vansh has started training. The boy who hated all this had now chosen it. He never wanted to be like us, it was his dream to be a scientist and now he turning into a detective.''

Veer rubbed her back, ''What do you suggest then?''

''Find Netra and we end her chapter.'' Dipika said in a serious tone. Veer stared at his wife of years, she had never believed in killing or some kind of fight but with time she too had changed, he understood. She was not just wife but a mother and  a mother would do all to protect her kids. ''SO be it then, I also want this to end.'' Dipika just nodded accepting Veer's hug, her mind still lingering on all the possibilities about Netra's whereabouts.