𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖑 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

-

"so i'm here to give you love advice?" donghyuck asked munching on his piece of pizza.

"yes. and you can't decline because i gave you free food."

"hm, touche. now pour out your love for renjun and jeno for me and i can pull out my tarot cards." once the elder said that, he bended down from jaemin's bed and pulled out his deck he'd always keep in his backpack.

"i'm telling you hyuck, those cards can't tell the damn future." jaemin wasn't much of a believer of ghosts or anything supernatural, so even if donghyuck did a reading on him, he'd most likely not going to believe it.

"i'll partially disagree on that. first off, these readings give you information and you choose what you want to do with that information. second, some readings, in the case the person is psychic, they can predict the future." donghyuck defended whilst shuffling the deck in his hands.

"those predictions were just mere coincidences. don't overhype yourself."

the elder could only sigh, "move, i need to set them up."

jaemin scooted himself back a bit, watching as donghyuck shuffled the cards and laid them out in front of him. there were four cards in total placed in a line, on card flipped upwards underneath the middle card, which was faced down.

"i'm going to do a simple reading. just a past, present, and future spread."

though jaemin was a skeptic, he found donghyuck's readings a bit interesting. he's seen the male do readings for others, and he quite enjoys listening on to them.

"first card, the wheel of fortune. huh, that's interesting." donghyuck mused.

"is that bad?"

"hm, not necessarily. the wheel of fortune is a major arcana, and in the past position typically means a big change back then that is still affecting you now. i wonder, is it when your parents gave you off to your aunt?" yes, he knew of how his parents had practically disowned him at a young age, passing him over into his aunt's care.

"i...i guess so. i went from my parents already hating on me verbally to my aunt who--" jaemin let out a heavy sigh. he didn't mean to get all emotional with the first card, it's just, it was just a lot.

"what does she do jaemin?"

the younger just shook his head, "i can't. not now at least."

donghyuck patted his shoulder sympathetically, "i get it. let's move on to the present shall we?"

"the eight of cups. a minor arcana. dang na, i didn't know you had a shell to break out of."

"don't we all have shells? even the most extroverted person most likely has something protecting them."

"true, true. anyways, eight of cups in the present position means you're going to experience something new but, something is restraining you, but it can't be restraining you forever. this 'what' could be anything, yourself, someone close to you, an event, you get it. this isn't the most positive card, so expect something bad to happen, or something bad did happen. just don't get scared off by it though, because it's just part of the process. my advice is to push through it, keep your goal in mind. it may be tough, but take it slow."

the moment donghyuck started talking, he started to connect the things he was saying. as much as he didn't want to admit it, he was being restrained. by his fear, by his aunt, by himself. he'd hate to say it but, donghyuck was right so far.

"ready for your future card?"

jaemin licked his lips, his nerves slowly picking at him.

"yeah, i'm ready."

with a flip of a card, jaemin saw donghyuck's eyes spark with a glint of joy. what this a good sign?

"the hierophant, another major arcana. even though all of this may be piling on so far and you might think you're going to have to control this future of yours to get to your end goal, you don't need to. just go with the wind. after the healing or recovery, just let go of the reins for a bit. whatever it is, it'll eventually work out. basically, it's going to be okay nana." and that ended donghyuck's reading.

"i shouldn't be believing all of this, but i'm finding myself believing all of this."

"what'd i tell you na? whatever is happening now, you'll heal from it. i don't know specifically what's happening, just know that you'll pull through. renjun and jeno? patience is key jaemin."

-🌙-

after donghyuck left, jaemin found himself drowning in his own thoughts. as that happened, knocks were heard from his window. at the the twentieth knock, jaemin finally snapped out of it.

he dragged himself out of bed and opened his window, "jeno, i swear to god--"

"who's jeno?"

"uh..." well wasn't this an awkward situation.

jaemin was met with the face of his date from a couple days ago. she stood there clad with a hoodie and sweats, staring at jaemin with confusion written all over her face.

"um, no one. uh, just wondering but why are you here at," jaemin pauses to look at the digital clock on his bedside table, "two in the morning?"

"do you not want me here?" she asked back, seemingly offended.

"i mean, i'd rather you be safe at home cuddled up warmly in your blankets instead of being out here in the cold just to meet me." jaemin said, matter of factly.

"that's sweet, but i did this out of my own will. now, won't you be a gentlemen and let me in? i need someone to talk to."

the male had no choice but to let her in. he was too kind to let her outside in the cold so he helped her through his bedroom window. this girl whom he had only met a few days ago, is already pulling the 'coming over each other's houses in the middle of the night' card.

he honestly couldn't even remember her name. was it ree? lay? reeses? he had no idea.

once she got in, jaemin closed his window. but whilst turning around, she was already in tears.

-🍑-

i don't have that much experience with tarot cards to be honest, and i tried my best with some research and a bunch on videos so correct me on anything that is wrong about that and i'll do my best to fix it :))