𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖑 𝖘𝖎𝖝

𝖘𝖎𝖝

-

jaemin couldn't process anything in the three puny seconds he was given until he realized that she was actually crying.

"woah, w-what wrong?" he shook the sleep off of his being, concern written over his features.

her shoulder slumped and her head bowed down, hair covering her face, "i just want to be loved."

now jaemin was confused. her tone went a complete one eighty. at first she seemed snarky at his window, but now, she looked a mess.

"is it so bad that i just want to feel the least bit of love?"

in a matter of seconds, he heard her sniffling lightly as tears started to drip from out of her little hair cocoon. he ushered her to his bed, so she could be the least bit comfortable, while explaining to him why she was here at such an unholy hour of the morning.

"w-what? hey, what do you mean by you just wanted to be loved? don't your parents love you? your friends?"

she scoffed bitterly, "parents? barely. friends? only been used for my money."

"you want to talk about it? you got me awake so might as well." he asked carefully, afraid of hurting her even more.

she hummed in response, slightly nodding her head in the process.

"have you ever...have you ever been in love? or received it?" she sounded unsure of her question, embarrassed even, and that lead her to pick at the fuzz of jaemin's blanket.

"i guess i have...am actually." jaemin answered honestly, two males clouding his mind by the second.

"who is she, and why is she so special to you?" her tone was more curious than rude, causing jaemin to raise a brow.

she then raised her head, giving the male a full view of her tear stained face looking at him with glassy eyes. the girl looked sick, like she was sick of being on her own for too long. not getting the love she needed from those close to her.

and so, jaemin followed through and began to tell her why jeno and renjun was so special to him. without actually telling her it's them that is.

"they...they make me feel whole. every time i see them or am with them, it's a magical feeling with every second that passes. my heart starts to beat at an odd rate, my stomach feels weird and all light. my emotions just run rampant, and the blushes that were so easy to hide from others stand no chance when i'm with them." the girl just stared at jaemin, seeing the lovestruck look in his eyes when talking about this person (or persons, but she doesn't know that).

that's when something inside her clicked.

-🌙-

after a long talk with the girl, who's named he learned was hazuki rae, he let her sleep on his bed while he took the floor. there was a bit of arguing going on about who's sleeping where, but it all was sorted out when jaemin insisted for the tenth time.

little background on rae is that her parents run a famous ramen chain, and their stores had just recently crossed over to korea. that's why she's here.

in the morning, she left early with jaemin to head off to school. his aunt never found out since the woman literally sleeps until three in the afternoon, and jaemin was already out by six in the morning.

when he exited his house, jeno had texted him that he'll be going with renjun that day since the two were working on some project last night. arriving at the bus stop, he and rae boarded the bus, rae taking a seat while jaemin held on to one of the handles on the ceiling of the bus standing.

on the next stop, the bus picked up none other than jeno and renjun. he didn't know why he didn't say hi or wave to them, but instead buried his head into his phone and put his earbud volume on the max setting.

of course, the two saw the younger and attempted to say hi but the latter seemed too occupied to acknowledge their existence. they would go over to jaemin but he was further in the back while they were in the front. both of them didn't have time to go back since the bus had already started moving.

jeno and renjun made eye contact, "should i text him?"

renjun nodded his head, agreeing the jeno's idea.

but before jeno could even pull out his phone, the bus hit a bump in the road and it cause some people on the bus to trip or bump into each other. jeno instinctively held renjun tightly by the waist, preventing the other to fall as he held on the handle with a firm grip.

of course, renjun was surprised by the sudden close proximity, but he didn't mind it. he thought it was quite a nice position honestly speaking.

"uh--i'm so sorry rae--"

"it's fine, don't worry about it."

their heads whipped in the direction of the two people's voices and saw something they'd rather not see.

jaemin had fell over a girl that was sitting in a seat next to him. the only thing was, jaemin supported his leaning body with both of his arms on either side of the girl, while their faces were a mere couple inches apart.

both jeno and renjun watched as jaemin stood up, sheepishly apologizing to the girl once again.

taking a better look at the girl, they realized it was the girl they spotted jaemin with on their date.

this could only mean one thing, "jeno...do you think jaemin has a girlfriend now?"

-🍑-

it's like thundering a lot over here and i'm like, highkey enjoying it. fun fact: thunderstorms are something i absolutely love.