1977

"No no no! Come on! Please!" Newt slammed his fist on the glass door of the Orphanage.
"Please open up!" He rang the door bell seven more times before collapsing on the wet ground in despair. The small child in his arms shivered violently in the chill breeze and Newt wrapped his jacket around the boy tighter. A few minutes past where the boys cries in his ears was the only thing he could think about. A woman in bright leg warmers and shorts passed him and stopped to put at the sorry sight.
"Oh, Im sorry sugar. You must not have heard. They shut that place down." She said, sadly.
"What?" Newt asked looking at her, horrified at what he knew would be her answer.
"Yeah, sorry to see all the children leave. They were real nice folk. But Im glad that they went. Everyone found nice homes. You can hardly find any orphanages nowadays with that Foster family setting up their new program." She chewed bubble gum loudly and talked in an annoying accent that sounded violently American to him.
New looked down at the scared boy in his arms and looked up at the woman with fear filled eyes.
"What do I do?" He asked the stranger.
"You could go to the police maybe. Town hall might have some applications." She shrugged "It's a shame you have to give up your son mister."
She walked off without another word, her hair swishing silkily behind her. Newt sat down on the frozen sidewalk and gripped angrily at his hair.
"He's not my son." Newt said trying to convince himself that he could just deposite the child back in the wilderness.
Cadence looked up at him with big brown eyes and Newt hugged the child tighter. No. No matter the situation Newt knew he could not abandon an animal in need. It simply was not the Scammander way. He got up and dissaparated towards his home, a shivering child still in his arms.