Chapter 5

Fan art: Theaitetos

Last chapter~~~
Link proceeded to go back downstairs, he opened the door, needing to take a breather.

Impa stopped him in his tracks. "Sit." She said.

Impa gestured Link to sit in front of her. Link took a seat, and listened to what she had to say.

Continuation of the flashback~

"When Paya was small, her father left. Just gone. And not much longer later her mother passed away from an illness, she was beautiful and kind, and a extraordinary doctor.", Impa paused, and she smiled, "Ever since Paya was small she wanted to be a doctor. For her mother, and Princess Zelda. She always talked about saving her life and being the hero, but I think now it means so much more than just being a hero."

Link stood up and walked outside, it may not look it, but the story calmed his nerves. He knew The Princess would be ok.

3 days have passed and Link has been with Zelda most of the time. The Princess has been working on getting better, even though that's the last thing she wants to do.

Zelda's P.O.V.~

Paya just left to get something to eat, so now it's time to make my escape! I slowly climb out of the bed, and tip-toe to the stairs. But Link is standing at the end!

Thinking.......

Got it!

Ok, he is my royal knight, so if I order it, he can't stop me right? I walk towards Link, he turns around, holds out his arms to block me, and shakes his head no.

"Link, let me through." He shakes his head again. I'm starting to get a little frustrated. "Link I order you to let me through." He shakes his head again.

The door opens and Paya walks through, looking at me, she says "Go back to bed." In a sweet and soft voice, but sent shivers down everyone's spines. I looked over at Impa hoping for support, but she seemed to be sleeping.

"Alright, I give." I walk back up to my bed, in a sluggish manner. I lay down, and close my eyes. It takes awhile for me to fall asleep, but soon enough, I was dreaming.

There was me, Mipha, Revali, Daruk, Urbosa, my father, and what seemed to be thousands upon thousands of Hylians in the back, all staring at me.
"My brother, he grew without me." Mipha says it in such a cold way.

"I could have accomplished great
things, if it wasn't for you." That one hurt, even coming from Revali it was terrible...

Cheers and chants came from the background.
"I though you were going to save us!"
"My family!"
"My house!"
"We trusted you!"
Everyones words bombarded and overwhelmed me.

"I had to much faith in you, my daughter, I am disappointed." It felt as if I had just been struck by a lighting bolt, out of everyone and every word that was spoken that hurt the most.

My own father...

I woke up with tears rolling down my cheeks, but I'm not surprised I'm crying. I'm pathetic.

Why do I get to breathe and sleep in a comfortable bed, when everyone I loved and cared about died because I couldn't live up to my duty?

I really am a pathetic excuse for a princess. Let alone, a queen,