Oh, It's Saturday night

The following Saturday night I was in my bathroom getting ready for date night with Chris. We were going to dinner and a movie, so cliché but I was super excited. Spending any amount of time with him got my heart racing. Things were going so amazing I was scared to even blink, that I might in some way, shape or form screw this up.

"Babe?" I heard Chris come in the front door.

"Bedroom." I called.

"Hey." He walked in my bedroom and I walked out of the adjoining bathroom.

"Hi handsome." I grinned, "I'm almost ready."

"You look...." He trailed off with a shake of his head as his eyes traveled from my head to my toes.

"I hope that means good." I laughed.

"So good I want to take your clothes off of you and just stay in tonight." He crossed the room as I stepped just out of his reach back into the bathroom. "Is that an option?" He braced himself with his hands on the sides of the door jam leaning towards me with a devilish grin.

"No, Because I'm hungry and I already bought the movie tickets." I flipped the bathroom light off and gently pushed past him.

"Fine." He pretended to pout.

I went to my dresser and grabbed a pair of earrings and slid a gold and pink bangle set on my wrist.

"Hey before we go I wanted to talk to you about something."

"OK." I turned to face him slipping the gold hoop into my left ear lobe.

"There's an-"

"Oh wait!" I cut him off. Bouncing across my bed I grabbed my remote and turned the tv up. The Panic! At The Disco Say Amen video was on. "This is the jam. Oh, it's Saturday night, I pray for the wicked on the weekend, Mama, can I get another amen?" I belted out the lyrics still bouncing on my bed.

Chris watched me with an amused smile.

"What?" I stuck my lip out.
"Nothing." He shook his head, "I just think you're pretty cute."

I rolled my eyes, "Now I'm sorry what were you saying?"

"Nothing, it can wait. I want to see you finish the song."

"If you insist." I jumped to a standing position on my bed and did my best Brandon Urie impression.

After dinner and our movie we headed back to my house. I yawned as it was past 11.

"Hey what did you want to talk to me about earlier?" I asked shifting in my seat so I was on my side facing him in the driver's seat.

"Nothing, it can wait." He glanced at me and gave me a quick smile.

"No, come on and tell me."

He looked back at me unsure but cleared his throat, "My agent asked if I was interested in an audition. I'd have to fly out next week for a few days."

"Oh." I felt like a ton of bricks was dumped on my chest, "That's great."

"You're a bad liar." He smiled.

"No I mean it. It is great. I just didn't think that's what you were going to say."

"So if I get the part, filming wouldn't even start until after the holidays possibly February."

"Oh, ok." I turned in my seat to look out the window at the dark blur passing by.

"I don't have to go." He said after a second of silence.

"What?" I frowned looking over at him, "Why wouldn't you go? Don't you want the part?"

"No, I do. I just don't want to leave you....."

"Chris, it's your job. We both knew you would eventually go back to work. To not go to the audition because of me would be like me saying I'm calling out of work all week because you're at my house and I didn't want you to be alone."

"You've thought about it." He reached over and squeezed my leg.

"Thought about, yes." I grabbed his hand with mine and slid my fingers between his. "But it's my career. Just like this is yours."

"Are we going to be ok?" His eyes shifted back to the road.

"Yeah." I said softly, "We'll figure it out."

"Ok." He squeezed my hand. I wasn't sure if he believed me or if I truly was a bad liar. The ton of bricks on my chest seemed to multiple.

Halloween night Chris and I were at Kirsten and Nate's for their annual Halloween Bonfire. It was a mix of friends and family, my parent's even stopped by for a little while. Kirsten and I were sitting out back in front of the fire pit trying to warm up. It barely felt above 40 degrees outside.

"Does Chris leave in the morning?" Kirsten asked me.

I nodded my eyes zoning out into the fire. "Yeah his flight is in the afternoon. I'm going to take the morning off to take him to the airport."

"Awww." She teased me. "When's he coming back?"

"Sunday night. Only a few days."

"And if he gets the part?"

"If he gets the part," I inhaled deeply before slowly exhaling, "He'll leave in February for a few months. And then I don't know. He'll have more auditions between then and now so I don't know what his schedule will be."

"Are you going to be ok?"

"I'm going to try." I looked over at her, "I don't know if I can handle it though. We've not been apart since we started dating. And now he's going to be off filming for months. And his confirmed co-star, if he gets the part, is Emilia Clarke."

"Game of Thrones girl?" Kirsten looked at me.

I nodded.

"You don't honestly think Chris would cheat or even be tempted, do you? He's nuts about you and he's like a big teddy bear. He's probably the sweetest guy I've ever met and that includes my husband." She laughed.

"I don't think he'll cheat. But when you're apart for long periods of time it just gets hard, and it doesn't work out. We've been together 2 months. That's it. I'm not a Hollywood elite. I'm not part of that world. I'm scared he will get back out to Los Angeles and wonder what the hell he's dating me for. I can't compare to the girls he's used to."

"Bree, stop stressing it. Seriously you can't compare because you're the real deal. He's been crazy about you for years. You two finally just decided to really do something about it."

I shrugged starring back out into the fire.

"There you are!" Chris came out through the back door.

I smiled and waved.

He jumped down the steps and walked around the fire pit. Coming up behind me he leaned down, wrapping his arms around my neck, he kissed the top of my head.

"You ready to go home?" he whispered huskily in my ear. "I'm ready to be alone with you."

I tilted my head up to look at him with a nod. "Let's go."