Chapter 8 - Case ii

You had Yugyeom drive you back to the house you had originally picked Jungkook up from, upon his request for his things. The drive was silent but comfortable, almost like it was a breather. You liked being in a car, driving on endless roads, it gave you time to think. However this was a short trip. It wasn't long before you got there.

His mother was surprised to see you both, a look of anxiety on her deceivingly young face giving away her thoughts. Had you come to deliver bad news? How was her son doing? Was he eating well? Was he ok?

You quickly explained her son was doing just fine, he was in rehabilitation, getting the help he needed and was starting to recover and that you were merely there to pick some things up for him.

She allowed you up to Jungkook's room, and upon entering flashbacks shot through your head from the day you met Jungkook. 

The blind was now open allowing sunlight to filter through making the room seem entirely different to the one you had met Jungkook in. The room you had met Jungkook in had been an abyss of dark shadows and had become a dwelling for something malicious. You were lucky that Jungkook hadn't actually physically hurt his mother before you and the boys had got to him. At least she had realised that her son wasn't just being a moody teen going through puberty and that there was something wrong going on. You yourself were thankful she had managed to contact the P.I.A in time. 

It couldn't have been puberty anyway, Jungkook was in his twenties. You thought to yourself as you shifted through Jungkook's room for his things. 

Unlike last time the bed had been made and the room cleaned and tidied making it easy for you to find his games, books and music player. 

As you sifted through his wardrobe for some extra hoodies and shirts, in the corner of your eye you spotted something out of the ordinary. You shut the wooden doors and got a closer look at the abnormality on the wall that peaked out from behind the wardrobe. 

It was a dark stain of some sorts, that reminded you strangely like an infection on a body. Your curiosity got the better of you so using your arm and body strength you shoved your shoulder into the side of the wardrobe to shift it over slightly. 

The markings on the wall behind Jungkook's wardrobe grew bigger as the wardrobe revealed more. They were strange and gave off an ominous aura to you. 

It was like a black mould contaminating the wall. 

Why hadn't you noticed this the last time you were here? Perhaps you had been too distracted with Jungkook to notice...Plus, it had been pretty dark.

You couldn't be too careful. 

"Hey Yugyeom, come 'ere a sec." You called down the stairs to where the tall male was idly chatting with Mrs. Jeon. A minute later you heard the heavy footsteps thump up the stairs. 

"You ok?" 

"Yeah yeah, but I found this. I don't remember seeing it before, I wanted to get a second opinion." You said motioning towards the wall.

Yugyeom went to touch the mould but you slapped your hand onto his wrist before he could. 

"Stop, you don't know what that is." 

He frowned at you glancing between your face and the marking. 

"Hmm, it does seem odd, but, honestly (Y/n), it probably is just mould. I wouldn't worry too much about it." Yugyeom said standing back to his full height and scratched the back of his head.