26~His Puppy

"My great grandmother could walk faster than you and she's dead!"

Taehyung stopped directly in his tracks to shoot me a blood-chilling death glare. Oh if looks could kill.

I just grinned a little. I knew he couldn't respond because we were in public and people would think he would be crazy. And with his high position, who knew whenever someone could be watching him or recognize him.

Taehyung resumed walking, making a point to walk even slower.

"You kids always taking your dilly dawdling time and blocking everyone now a days!" a grouchy old woman's voice yelled at the high and mighty CEO, causing him to flinch aside to reveal a bent old lady wrapped in scarves and a coat.

"S-Sorry," he gaped a tiny bit.

The little old lady resumed hobbling along her grouchy way in jerky movements, muttering curses under her breath.

There was a pause and then I doubled over in laughter. I didn't even stop when a great force shoved me into the grass next to the sidewalk as Taehyung shoved past me.

The image of the little granny yelling at Taehyung, who was at least three feet taller than her and packed with muscle, was just too priceless.

When I finally caught my breath my assignment was a solid ten feet away from me, hands shoved deep in his pockets as he continued his way to the pet shop.

By the time I caught up with him he was standing in front of the pet shop that the supposed Pomerania puppy was in. He was gazing quietly through the glass where we could get a glimpse of birds and rabbits in cages inside.

Before he could enter, though, some girl squeals resounded between us and Taehyung turned just as a girl came up behind him.

I swallowed hard as I took her in. A slim body with all the right curves and sweeping hair dyed pink purple tucked in a white woolen hat. She looked about my age and she shot Taehyung a shy smile.

"H-Hi, Mr. Kim," she began in a soft, sweet voice.

Something inside me twisted even more when Taehyung returned the smile a little.

"I...I was wondering if...I could get your number?" the girl managed to get out before exploding into a stream of words right after nervously. "Of course you don't have to because I know you're a very important man and I'm just a nobody you have no clue about and you probably think I'm really weird right now and I'm sorry and oh, god, I'm really babbling aren't I?"

Taehyung gave a low chuckle. "What's your name?" he inquired.

"Misook," the girl blushed.

"Misook," Taehyung shot a slightly amused grin. "Nice to meet you. You're very pretty..." Misook's face deepened in a blush. "...but I'm sorry to say I'm not interested."

"Oh," Misook bowed her head, letting her long hair obscure part of her face. "I totally understand. But...I'm curious, why?" the last word was all but whispered.

So much for 'totally understanding.'

I watched in curiosity as Taehyung squared his shoulders a little. "Because my heart's been taken by someone else."

I choked a little.

Misook nodded once quietly before slipping away.

"What kind of cheesy reply was that?" I demanded. "That was like straight from a rom-com! Besides, who the heck is this girl? And why haven't you ever told me about her?"

Taehyung shot me a scorching gaze before entering the shop.

Because my heart's been taken by someone else.