Fourteen: Happy Vibes & Sun Rays

Jazmine looked over at her friend as he turned the meat on the grill.

"Justin don't you drop the meat!" Jazmine called out as she laughed

"Aye, don't come for the grill master!" He pointed the tongs at her as he smiled.

"Yeah, we'll see about that." Jazmine shook her head with an eye roll.

As she walked back into the house to begin on her Mac n Cheese, she heard her phone ring.

Immediately going to it, knowing exactly who it was, she answered it.

"Hey Momma." Jazmine chirped.

"Hey baby." Mother Dear smiled, "What are you up to all over there?"

Jazmine smiled, "Justin and I are just cooking. He's on he grill and I'm in the kitchen."

"Oh bless your heart. I hope he knows what he's doing." Mother Dear laughed a hearty laugh. She knew Justin could not cool to save his life.

"Well he's gotten a little better with his cooking. I've been helping him out of course. You know he may be coming back with me to the States?" Jazmine put her foil pain of Mac N Cheese into the oven.

"Oh really? And where will he be staying?"

"Momma, I know , I know but he doesn't want to stay here in Cuba. He was granted access to leave so he is trying to leave before they change their minds. You know they're still communist over here." Jazmine sighed.

"I know baby, which is why we left. But, I suppose he can stay with you but on the first floor. No same level bedrooms." Mother Dear warned.

"Momma!" Jazmine laughed.

"I know he use to have a little crush on you, y'all were so cute playing together." Mother Dear smiled reminiscing.

"Yes Mother Dear but, we'll see how things go. It's almost time for me to come back." Jazmine smiled.

"It is, and I have a big ole surprise for you."

"Ma! You didn't have to do anything for me, I'm content with just having some of your good ole southern tasting food!" Jazmine slyly threw in.

"Oh child hush, anyways when you get back to New York make sure you come straight home." Mother Dear smiled.

"I'll be there Tuesday."

"I love you baby, y'all be careful." Mother Dear kissed through the phone. Jazmine returned and they continued their conversation about life for a few more minutes before hanging up.

Justing leaned on the counter and smirked at Jazmine.

"I know you have a crush on me, but must you talk about me every phone call?" Justin winked.

Jazmine walked over to him and gently pulled on his girls and let go allowing it to spring back into a tight curl.

Justin licked his lips with hooded eyes as he looked over Jazmine.