chapter four

"How did you do that?"

Aquaman walked towards me with heavy steps, making me move backwards. Repeatedly. The spear that was once in my hand, vanished into the water. We stopped at soon as my foot sank into a squishy and soft spot of the sand where there was a hole beneath. Perfect.

"Um.." With my foot sinking in the sand, I was a bit smaller than him. I had to stretch my neck so I could seem less embarrassed.

"How. Did. You. Do. That?"

I rolled my eyes. Um, impatient much? I sarcastically said in my head.

"I don't know." I simply stated, shrugging. My eyes trailed away from his face to the ground. Before it could get any weirder, he moved a step forward and there was only a one inch gap between us.

"How can you not know? Things like these happen for a reason. Now I wanna know yours."

"For goodness sake! I don't know! I just kept on hearing a voice in my head telling me to do this and that! When I did what it said, this happened!"

After being quiet for almost five minutes, a thought occurred. So I raised back my head and crossed my arms over my chest. "I have a question."

"No thank you."

"Why are you here?"

"None of your business, lady."

"Well whatever I just did earlier isn't also your business, now is it?"

Silence once again. I opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off by finally answering my question.

"I always come here to bring food for the people."

"Now that wasn't hard, right?" I mocked him, showing him a goofy grin.

He shook his head, probably thinking, "I swear I will kill this girl with my bare hands." I muffled my laugh. Just imagining him thinking that made me laugh in ridiculousness.

Suddenly, the voice of an old man who was behind Aquaman startled the both of us. We turned our heads to it's direction and saw Johnny. What came out his mouth next made me widen my eyes.

"Arthur, you're back!"

I blinked rapidly. "Arthur? You're name is Arthur?"

My question was rudely ignored by Arthur who speedily walked to Johnny and embraced him. I lifted my leg to walk towards them but then realized I was still stuck.

I could hear heartily chuckles coming from them. Not because of me, but because they were happy to see each other. Their hug was quickly cut off when I purposely cleared my throat out loud.

"A little help here, Arthur?" I mischievously said, flashing a grin at him.

Both of us stared into each others' eyes, glaring. It was then interrupted by Johnny's laugh.

"Oh you youngsters. Arthur, meet Mikayla. She and her friend just moved in into this house." Johnny delightfully said, making me give Arthur a 'hi-neighbour' face.

"Now, what are you both doing here and why do you seem shorter, Mikayla?"

I chuckled nervously. "Long story."

After I was finally pulled out of the sand, Johnny told me there was a festival in a few days. He said they were celebrating their 20th anniversary living in the town and as neighbours, both Rhea and I have to attend.

The festival was on a Thursday night which I had to go meet up with an old friend. So I said to Johnny that I might be late where he just replied with an okay.