Chapter 6

Last chapter~

I woke up with tears rolling down my cheeks, but I'm not surprised I'm crying. I'm pathetic.

Present Day~
Zelda's P.O.V.

Our horses had arrived, and I was excited to see Impa and Paya again.

"Let's go!" I stopped in my tracks and thought for a second.

"Link, go ahead, I'll be right behind
you." I scurried up the stairs, and found Prince Sidon standing at the ledge, overlooking Zoras Domain.

"Thank you, and goodbye Sidon." I caught his attention, "Princess, you do not have to thank me, and I do hope you have a safe trip... if you don't mind, I wanted to ask you a personal question."

I was surprised by his request, but I accepted.

"Of course." I said, hesitant.

"You still bear the burden?" He looks at me with worried eyes, his intentions are pure. I felt as if there had been a long pause. Thoughts flowing through my head as I looked for an answer.

"Yes. It is my responsibility as the next heir."

To me, my voice sounded cold. Like I didn't care, but I do. It is hard to find the right words.

"Thinking like that will only drag you down. My Queen." He bows, and smiles. "I am sorry for the rude question, but I am worried for you." His eyes twinkled with care, and kindness. He is so much like his sister.

"Do not worry, Sidon. I appreciate your worry." I bow, and walk back to Link. Down the steps and back to my horse. I stop right next to Link; shoulder to shoulder.

"I am fine, Link."

As we rode away from Zoras Domain, I realized he was right. I was so happy when the Zoras forgave me, but I still can't forgive myself.

The day the Champions, my father, and countless innocent lives disappeared felt like a dream at first, I wanted to pinch myself and wake up. But I didn't. They were all dear to me. The Champions were my best, and only friends. I motion my horse to stop. It is time. I am tired of running, if I don't forgive myself now, when will I? I turn around and look, I look at her. I had been avoiding her gaze all this time.

Afraid of memories, afraid of what she thought. She was so beautiful, so kind, so sweet. I took that all away. For once, I forgot who I was and let the tears roll down my cheeks as Zoras waved goodbye, and Miphas smile warmed my heart. It started to rain, the saddest, sweetest rain. It reminded me of Mipha.

Miphas P.O.V.~

I look over Zoras Domain, and see the Princess finally look at my memorial. Tears rolled down her cheeks along with mine. Oh Princess, have you finally forgiven yourself? When my tear hit the floor of Zoras Domain, it started to rain. Link turned to look, not at Zelda, but at me. His eyes showed the same pain.

"Link, I love you dearly. Goodbye."

Zelda's P.O.V.~

I wipe my tears away, and continue on, not just for me, but for Mipha as well.
We continue on our journey, next stop, Kakariko Village.