Do all the pushing while you're at it

My hands began to cramp from clenching them so hard and I don't think Chris is very appreciative of it either.

"You're doing great, Kid." He whispered as he ran his thumb over my knuckles. "Just five more seconds."

I let out a quick breath as the contraction passed after what felt like an eternity. I let go of my brother's hand and let them fall beside me.

"This sucks so much." I huffed, closing my eyes to relish in this slight moment of relief. "God, where is Tom? He only went to the bathroom."

"He probably fell asleep, it's been like 17 hours kid." He chuckled. I opened one eye to see him leaning to one side of his chair and resting his head.

"If I can't sleep then none of you guys are sleeping either." I grunted, kicking Chris' feet so they slid off the bed.

"I'm back! I'm back!" Tom panted, storming into the room. "I'm sorry, love." He said quickly before coming over to the side of the bed and kissing my sweaty forehead. "The gang found me on the way out and practically begged for an update-"

"I don't care." I whispered, pressing a soft kiss to his lips. "All that matters is that you're back and that these babies get out as soon as possible."

"The doctor said you're at eight centimetres dilated so it's not long now love." He said quietly, using a cold wash cloth to dab around my face.

The door opened slightly and Harrison popped his head in.

"Hey mate, terrible timing, I know but you're publicist is on the phone-"

"Get rid of him, I'm kinda busy."

"People are already posting about the labour and the water breaking at the premiere. They're speculating that since you walked in separately that you're broken up and that Chris is the only one here." Harrison looked up at with so much sympathy as he brokered the news.

"Oh for fucks sake." Tom used the base of his palms to rub his eyes, letting out a groan.

"It's fine babe, go and get this sorted out-" I paused as another contraction hit and involuntarily grabbed onto my brother's hand since it was the closest thing. "-I'll be fine."

Tom paused for a second, looking between Harrison's frowning features and my sweaty mess of a body on the hospital bed.

"You know what, fuck the press and their hoards of people outside. They don't matter." He snatched my hand quickly and allowed me to grip it as hard as I could, "You matter."

I barely cracked a smile as I tried to breathe through the pain.

"God, you're still as strong as ever. Remember that time you punched me in the stomach?"

                            "I'm sorry, no, that is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard!" Carter yelled, slamming her hand onto the table.

"So, when would you like to release a statement?" Her publicist asked calmly on the other end of the phone.

Carter didn't notice her boyfriend approaching her from the living room, concern on his face. So he stood behind her as she sat seated at the kitchen table and placed his hands on her tense shoulders.

"Maybe in two days? Give the story a chance to fizzle our." She sighed, resting a free hand on one of Tom's as he began to massage the tight muscles.

"Okay, I'll have it all set up."

The two ended the conversation and Carter threw her head back and rested it on Tom's torso.