Chapter-27

''Can you please call Kajal Mehra and tell her her husband is waiting in the reception.'' Tarun requested the receptionist.'' She stared at him for a minute

''There is a meeting going on, you can call her on her phone.''

''If I could, I wouldn't be  requesting you. Now, please do it because there is an emergency.'' He said in a stern voice making her flinch. She nodded and picked the phone to dial in the board room

***

Kajal wanted to snap at all sitting in the board rooms. Their ideas sounded stupid to her, she scratched her head. Kajal had already given them a brilliant collection based on the idea being discussed right now and it  didn't interest her more. 

She had been here since morning and was terribly missing Tarun, she wanted to speak to him but couldn't find her phone. She thought but couldn't recall bringing it with her. She didn't pay attention after that.

Robin sat silently through the meeting, his eyes only on Kajal , she looked perfect. He had noticed her coldness towards him and that hurt. Robin  decided to speak to her once the meeting was over, he had come prepared to convince her on his feelings and incapability of Tarun. He frowned when he  noticed her checking the time every now and then, she wasn't interested in the meeting . He knew she would leave the minute the meeting gets over. He decided to buy some time and on pretext of fixing his lace he stole her phone from the bag which was placed on the floor. For two years since Kajal had started working with Enchanted , he had closely studied her. He knew how she spoke, where she kept her things . She wasn't a person who would just cling to her phone, she just would dump it in her bag and times would even forget it. Excusing himself he moved out for a minute, He switched it off, pulled out the sim and inserted  in a wrong way so that her phone turns unreachable. He gestured the office boy who was taking in the coffee and snacks, he asked him to hand it over to Kajal stating she dropped it outside.  

''So Kajal what do you have to say about it?'' Robin asked

Kajal didn't look at him, she glanced at each of the board members and replied, ''I guess there is some confusion, Enchanted had already launched a similar collection and the idea is no different from the last one. I don't understand how Robin being responsible for bringing unique collection every time can suggest repeating one this time.'' 

Kajal's words bought attention directly on Robin, the members looked pissed for the their time being wasted. Kajal smiled, ''I would like to speak to the board members minus Robin.''

Robin looked around, with a nod he left the room a little worried about what would Kajal speak about right now. 

After few minutes Kajal stepped out and walked past him and didn't bother to greet or look at him. ''Kajal , listen to me.'' he called out after her but she didn't stop , instead she picked her pace up walking towards the exit.

''Will you call her or I should take some action.'' Kajal steps halted when her eyes fell of a very agitated Tarun. Few minutes ago one of the secretary informed about his arrival and she quickly excused herself walking out of the reception. Her anger knew no bounds when she discovered her lost phone suddenly. She understood when she checked the sim, that was enough she had decided to bring Robin down but before that seeing her husband was important.

''Kajal you can't walk off ignoring me like that.'' Robin said grabbing her by arm. The call of her name made Tarun turn, his blood boiled watching an unknown man holding her arm. She was definitely not comfortable and pissed Tarun to the core. Gone was his calm demure, he marched to Robin, removed his grip on Kajal's arm grabbing his neck, ''How dare you touch my wife?''