Prologue

AN- (IMPORTANT) Please read.

First of all, I would like to thank you for reading 'The Other Princess'. It really means a great deal to me.

Secondly, I'm sorry for all the grammatical errors or spelling mistakes. English is not my first language.

Thirdly, none of the photos you see in this book belong to me, I just get them somewhere.

And Lastly, EVERYTHING in this book is purely FICTIONAL! Including places, names and storyline. If anything matches to a real life event, it is as a result of coincidence.

This book was inspired by Camilla George, a character in my other book.

Love, Aurum Heart.

Avery Cullen

"Xavier, stop!" I yelled between my laughter.

"Only if you say I'm the beautiful twin!" He grinned evilly and continued ticking me.

"We look exactly alike and you're a guy you're handsome not beautiful!" I exclaimed.

"You have to say it, Avery." He said in a singing tone.

"Fine! You're the beautiful twin."

He smiles and gets off me. "Happy birthday!"

I smiled back at him. "Happy Birthday!"

Xavier and I are identical twins. We are our parents only children and we're very close. He means so much to me and I can't imagine my life without him.

Our parents are king and queen of which means I'm a princess while Xavier is the crowned prince meaning, he is going to the king one day.

My father rules a beautiful country called Urania. It's the best country ever.

"I'm so excited to have mum and dad back home." Xavier said excitedly.

"Yeah, me too." I stood in front of the mirror and started fixing my blonde hair which I inherited from my father.

"Xavier, do I look fifteen?" I asked him.

He came and stood beside me. My green eyes met his in the mirror as he said, "Heck, yes!"

And that was when we heard it, the emergency trumpet.

We immediately looked at each other in alarm. We ran out of the door and that was when we saw the Grand Duke, the bearer of bad news.

"My prince, princess." He said hesitantly and bowed.

"What's wrong, Grand Duke?" Xavier asked, worriedly.

The emergency trumpet was only blown when something really bad happened.

He took a deep breath, looking at the both of us with sympathy.

"I'm sorry, His majesty, the king and the queen have passed." He lowered his head.

I fainted.

****

When I woke up, I saw my aunt sitting by my bed crying. "Aunt Georgina." I hugged her and we both cried.

Aunt Georgina is my father's sister.

She lives here in the castle with us because she's not married and my paternal grandparents have passed.

"I'm so sorry, Avery." She said. "Your parents were the most wonderful rulers this country could ever ask for." She cried.

Were. Past.

When she said that, it really hit me.

Both of my parents are gone and a part of me had died along with them.