Chapter 6

XAVIER’S POV

It was been two hours since we left the house going to the ranch for the full blood moon.

Xander and I are taking turns driving with mom on the back seat sleeping because of the effects.

So Xander has already finished his hours of driving and I am taking my turn now.

“Xavier, can we stop at a gas station I need the bathroom”Xander asks me sitting on the passenger side.

“Can it wait for 30 minutes, because that’s the nearest Gas Station “I tell looking a head of me with my Ray Bean sunglasses.

“Okay” he says and continues reading his Chemistry book.After 30 minutes driving in silence expect mom’s light snoring and the radio’s soft music.

Xander lightly shakes mom for her to wake up while I park the car.

“Hmm” she asks still have asleep rubbing her eyes.

“Mom I am going to the bathroom we at a gas station”Xander tells her opening the door then going out.

“Let’s go to the convent store” I tell her switching the engine off.

“Okay I need some supplies” she says opening her door and getting out. I soon follow her inside,she motions for me to take a trolley and I get one.

So far our trolley is filled with chips and chocolates.

“Let’s get drinks” mom says after she put more chocolate in the trolley.I give her a questioning look as to why she has so many chocolates.

“I start my period tomorrow” she says with hands on her hips.

“Mommy”I whine there are things I wouldn’t like to know from my mother.

“Yes baby” she says in amusement and pinches my cheek.

“I go to the bathroom for 5 minutes and Xavier gets baby pinches” Xander says in laughter.

I just roll my eyes and we continue getting snacks for our road trip.At the counter were we paying for things the guy starts flirting with my mom.

“Mam you look hot” he says looking at her.

I must agree even with her grey sweatpants and over sized sweater her hair silver-white in a messy bun and wearing glasses that make her green eyes pop.

She makes beauty effortlessly, but still she’s my mother and I am over protective of her
.
“Sorry sire but I don’t think your wife would be very happy with you” Xander points at his ring then is wife that looks furious at the door.

Xander’s observing nature once again pays off and we high five each other getting out of the store.

My mom shakes her head at us in amusement and gets into the car with all her chocolates.

Once we in the car we head off to our still very far journey to the ranch.

“Your periods starting tomorrow right” Xander asks mom turning around.

“Yes but I couldn’t find Lindt White Chocolate in there”she replies with disappointment.

“I got some from the chocolate cupboard and packed for you” he says looking at her.

“Thank you,you are my hero” she says hugging him.

“It’s okay but remember not to have at dinner” he tells her sternly.

“Yes, I will” she replies rolling her eyes.

“How do you have a conversation like that” I ask with curiosity but also amused.

“We always have conversations like this” Xander looks at me.

“But you’re a dude mostly her son, it’s not normal to have such” I say.

“I know but haven’t you noticed we not a normal family”I ask him.

Mom just laughs in response and I join her along with Xander because it is true we not a normal family.

In 3 hours we have made it to the ranch before 6’o clock the time for the transformation.We know taking our duffle bags out of the car.

“Miss Crown, Xander, Xavier how are you”Molly the youngest out of 2 other siblings greet us.

“Good we are going to the other cottage” mom answers her putting her bag on her shoulder.

Molly nods and takes us to the cottage.The cottage is a country house and has just been renovated.

“Thank you Molly” Xander tells her at the door and mom pushes open the door, leaving it open for us to enter.

Molly nods her head and skipped back to the cottage she stays at with her family. Once we place our duffle bags on the couch we go to were my mom is at the kitchen.

“We need a proper meal before the transformation so help me cook” mom says taking out vegetables.

After mom gave us what to do I am cutting the onion, Xander is making a paste and mom is cooking the meat balls.

I like it when we do things as a family even if we not chatting we working together to create an achievement.