Chapter 10

XANDER'S POV

I couldn't sleep that night knowing I had a family out there. I had a aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, siblings and most importantly a father.

A family I craved everyday was there. I am shocked that mom kept this from us but I understand it was for the fear of losing us.

She said that if it wasn't for us, she would have killed herself. I remember the words she told me when she thought I was a sleep.

They were 'forgive me my son', I don't know what to think or feel better yet do.

I am snapped out of my thoughts with a soft knock on my door. I get up and open the door to see my brother Xavier standing there.

He had worn black sweats with a grey Polo golf shirt and his hair messed up as if he had ran his hands through it for a lot time.

"Couldn't sleep" I ask with a small grin on my face.

"Yep" he says popping the 'p'.

I nod and motion for him to come in and he comes, I close the door and see my brother sitting on a couch.I go and sit beside him and become lost in thought.

"What are we going to do" Xavier asks after a moment of silence.

"I honestly have no idea" I tell him leaning into the couch.

We have another moment of silence until the door opens to reveal mom.

She has on her long silk white night dress that flows on her with her silver-white hair in a bun she looks beautiful, I wonder why someone wouldn't want her.

Her eyes are puffy and red she looks like she has been crying for a long time.

"Hungry" she asks holding up to plates of sandwiches.

Xavier and I both nod and she comes sits in-between us and places the food on the table.

"You both should eat" she says holding our hands. Her eyes show so much love for us even when she cried.

She takes a piece of a chicken sandwich and holds it up to Xavier's mouth to feed him. He opens his mouth and places it in his mouth.

She takes piece from the tuna sandwich and holds it up to my mouth to feed me. I look at it then my mother that is smiling with encouragement.

I then notice that they are only two plates and she has not eaten anything yet, but here she is feeding us.

"Mom did you eat" I ask her holding her arm. She looks everywhere but me meaning she hasn't eaten anything yet.

"Mom you need to eat" Xavier says placing a hand on her cheek for comfort.

"For us, please" I say taking the piece of the sandwich from her hand, and hold it up to her mouth.

"My sons" she whispers softly and places each hand on our cheeks in affection. She is looking at us as if we might disappear if she let's go.

"Please" Xavier says leaning towards her. Her eyes look at both Xavier and I with proudness, her eyes are my favorite feature of her. They hold all the love I will need in the world.

She nods and opens her mouth for me to feed her. We spend the night feeding each other in silence savoring the moment.

After having eaten and now with heads on our mother's lap. She is running her hand through our hair in a soft motion and her sing us a lullaby.

Soon my thoughts drifted in the comfort of my mother's lap. This woman I love more than life itself and I would do anything for her.

I made myself a promise that night that I will make her the happiest woman alive.

I was awoken by the sun's rays on my face and mom squatting in front of me.

"Wake up, my dear" she says kissing my forehead.

"Morning mom" Xavier says kissing her cheek.

"Go take a shower boys" she says and gets up going to the kitchen.

I take in my surroundings and see that we all slept on the couch I am on. I sit up and look at Xavier sitting on the opposite sit in thought.

"Morning, what you thinking about" I ask him crossing my legs.

"Mom," he says looking in my eyes.

"Yeah, I wonder how she went through so much" I ask him breaking the glance.

"Hmm, we should talk about it at breakfast" he says then stands up and goes to the bathroom.

I go to my bag and take out blue jeans and a black tee-shirt and put it on my bed. I take a towel and get into the shower.

After having a shower and changing I go down to the kitchen where mom is behind the counter and Xavier sitting on a bar stool.

"We leave after breakfast" mom says while we eating breakfast in kitchen. Mom had made her famous Carmel pancakes with cinnamon rolls.

Xavier and I both nod in agreement.

"We can't act like we fine" mom speaks after a while looking at us while sipping her white coffee.

"We know that, it's just a lot to process in" Xavier says. I then saw that my mom has an idea because of how her eyes light up.

"What's it mom" I ask eyeing her with curiosity.

"Go make me a proud mother" she says placing her cup down and grinning idiotically.

"Meaning" Xavier asks questioning. For an Alpha he doesn't catch things geez, he needs training badly.

"We go there and we claim what is ours " I say immediately getting what mom was hinting at then mirroring mom's expression.

"For an Alpha you catch things late" mom says rolling her eyes and trying to hide her laughter.

"Exactly what I was thinking" I say then look at mom. We both burst out laughing at Xavier.

"Whatever" Xavier murmured and tried covering his smile with his cup of white hot chocolate.

I just smile and resume to my activity of drinking my white cappuccino. Our family has a problem with taking white chocolate beverages. It probably has to do with mom's addiction to white chocolate that eventually caught up to us.

"But we must find out all the information we need about them" mom says looking sad. I guess I would be sad finding out about my true mates family.

"You still haven't told us the name of the pack" Xavier says.

"I haven't, sorry I thought I did" she says with a pout Xavier inherited from her.

"Blood Crown Pack" she says proudly.

I unintentionally spit out my white cappuccino and it goes on the fruit bowl.

"The biggest, baddest, strongest and most ruthless pack" I say after my shock at the information.

"Werewolves don't have a king or queen but they consider that pack the royal pack" Xavier says finally catching on. See he takes to long to catch anything in a conversation.

"I guess I forgot" mom says shrugging her shoulders. Maybe she didn't want anything to do with the pack so she forced herself to forget.

"We will worry about that later, so find everything you will need and you need to train" mom says after awhile.

"Won't we need to go when California has they full blood moon" Xavier asks.

"Yeah it would be better" mom says in thought.

"The Blood Crown Pack wouldn't know what hit them" I say grinning like a manic. Mom and Xavier both nod and smirk in agreement.

....

Thank you so much for giving this book a chance