[37]

Hellooo beautiful readers! Sorry about my absence for a few weeks now. So I went to my grandmama's village and I was supposed give a heads-up with this chapter before I left but we left so adruptly that I couldn't find the time to post or give a heads up to announce my temporary hiatus. My grandmama's village is really rural with no service and technology so you get the picture.
Anywhoo. Now that I'm back in the city and away from all animal life-forms that tried to kill me in these past few weeks, there shall be the usual frequent updates!
I love you guys so so much and thank you for being patient, if you weren't, don't worry, I still love you anyways.❤❤❤❤
Aand without further ado;
_______

A groan escaped (Y/N) lips as she stirred awake. She shifted and turned. Slowly, her eyes fluttered open.

She stared up into the ceiling, the ceiling had paintings of clouds. (Y/N) thought it was pretty the first time she saw it, to have clouds painted in her ceiling. Genna was the one that did it up for her.

Her throat felt dry. She blinked repeatedly to clear her vision. Light beamed into the room in golden streaks, lighting it up.

(Y/N) yawned, squinting her eyes to clear her groggy vision. She must've fell asleep while--

She gasped and sat upright adruptly as the flashback hit her hard. The door opened at the same time and her gaze darted there.

Genna stopped by the door, a tray filled with sandwitches, scrambled egg, bacon with a glass of juice inside in her arms. Seeing (Y/N), she paused and offered a warm smile, though it didn't reach her eyes.

"Hey sweetie. You're up. Are you hungry? I brought you breakfast." Genna said as she walked over and left it on the table. She was very cautious.

(Y/N) barely payed attention to her. Her thoughts were running a mile a minute.

Anteiku. Irimi. Mr Manager. Enji . . . Ayato.

Her bottom lip trembled and she hugged her knees to her chest. Tears were already welling up in her eyes. She couldn't believe it. Had it really happen? Or was it just a terrible nightmare?

Genna gently took a sit on her bed, the bed dipping at her weight.

"It's gone. Isn't it?" (Y/N) whispered, her hoarse voice cracking. She was referring to Anteiku.

Genna nodded slowly. "I'm sorry, (Y/N)-chan. It-It was burnt to the ground."

(Y/N) bit her trembling bottom lip to stop herself from crying.

"W-what about . . . " she trailed off, unable to say their names.

Genna looked down. "I really am sorry, onē-chan."

(Y/N) squeezed her eyes shut, tears trickling down her cheeks. She cried softly into her arms.

Genna shifted over and hugged her from the side. (Y/N) leaned into her.

"I know you feel like you've been betrayed. Living with them and never knowing they were ghouls is just--"

"What?" (Y/N)c croaked, tilted her head up and glancing at Genna in confusion.

"I mean, you must feel horrible. You stayed with those-those ghouls half your entire life, I can't imagine . . ."

(Y/N) clenched her fist and glared at Genna. "What are you talking about? They weren't just ghouls, Genna. They were there for me when no one was. They weren't bad ghouls, they were good. They were like family and I just lost them and you're seriously being a regular stereotypical person?" She snapped.