Chapter 3

Matt lowered his lips to mine, and stunned, I allowed my mouth to fall open, inviting him in. For the last eighteen months since we'd met, I'd fallen asleep every night imagining how it would feel to kiss Matt. I wondered if he'd taste sweet or salty, if he'd use his tongue or be chaste, if he'd nip at my lower lip and breathe me in as if I was a delicate perfume.

It was all that, and so much more. He tasted of sugar and the sea as he ran his tongue around my lips, seeking entrance. A haze of lust bubbled up from inside me, my heart rate erratic as I submitted to him. His hands clasped mine, lifting my arms and pressing them back to the wall, trapping me in the most delicious of ways.

I moaned into his mouth, pushing my tongue forward to meet with his. My skin zinged in happiness; it had been years since I'd been kissed, and not one of the three guys who'd come before had Matt's skill. He sucked my lip slightly, while his breath filled me and even the most vociferous voices in my head fell silent for a moment.

Matt broke away, his eyes glittering. "Evianna. I want you. Let me take you to bed."

They were words I couldn't have imagined in my wildest day dreams or my dirtiest fantasies. With my hands still locked above my head, I could deflect or turn away. All I could do was stare back into Matt's soul, trying to discern if he meant it. "I don't need pity sex, you know that, right? I have a dozen guys lined up for booty calls-"

"This isn't pity sex!" For the first time, I heard the desire hidden in the depths of Matt's smooth voice. "I know you don't see yourself the way I do, but give me the chance to show you."

He let one of his hands trail down the soft flesh of my arm, and sparks followed his touch. I shivered as his fingers skimmed my neck and skated over the bountiful flesh of my breasts.

Do him now! my body screamed.

But, what if he sees me naked and runs shrieking out the door? said my brain.

I'll take that chance, replied my n1pples.

My stomach joined the conversation. I don't know how long I can stay sucked in for!

Shut up, all of you! I tried to tune out all the doubt as I nodded and said, "Please."

His relieved smile was like a bright lamp in the dark hall. Leaning back in, he kissed me again. "Come on. Let's go to bed."

Matt had been inside my little house plenty of times, and I let him take the lead as he pulled me up the stairs, through my exterior door, and into the darkened depths of my place. We shed our shoes and turned into the bedroom, where Matt flicked on the lamp in the corner.

"No!" I said, frantically switching it back off again. "No lights!"

"Evianna... I want to see you." Matt's eyebrows knitted in concern, an adorable crease between them.

"There's moonlight. Much sexier."

I thought he would push back harder, but seeing the panic on my face, he relented. "Okay. Moonlight then." Like an elegant lion, he stalked towards me, wrapping his arms around my soft curves.

My pulse was leaping all over the place, bongos hammering in my chest. I'm about to have sex with Matt! Argh! What do I do?

Fortunately, he took the lead again. Matt leaned back in, connecting our lips and sending me into fresh spirals of dizziness. While I was distracted, he slid the straps of my maxi-dress off my shoulders, and began tugging the material down to expose my breasts.