Chapter 19 (Part 2)

*Victoria*

After a few hours I decide it's time for me to leave. Aaron walks me to the door and retrieves our coats from the closet.

"You really don't have to walk me all the way downstairs." I say as I take my coat and slip it on.

"Downstairs? I'm walking with you to the subway station." He says as he slips on his coat. "I don't feel comfortable letting you walk there by yourself at this time of night. You only have to put up with me for four more blocks." He smiles. "Come on." He opens the door and takes my hand before leading us out.

Once outside I realize it snowed, creating a decent height of snow on the ground. The temperature has dropped now that it's completely dark. I breathe and my breath comes out as a puff of smoke. What's the use of us both freezing out here?"

"Aaron." I start, but I'm cut off as he suddenly pulls my hat further over my ears. He zips my coat as far up as it can go and adjusts my scarf so less cold air can get inside.

"Here." He removes his gloves and hands them out to me.

"No, they're yours." I refuse them. "Your hands will be cold."

"My hands are fine." He takes my hands, one at a time, and places the gloves on. I suddenly feel toasty warm. I sigh as I watch him stuff his hands into his coat pockets. I forgot how selfless he can be. Especially in situations like this where he should be equally important. "Let's go." He says with a small smile.

I don't argue with him and save my breath. I keep pace with him as we walk towards the subway. Despite the nice night we just had, we walk in silence. A strange tension hangs in the air and after seeing how happy he was about his relationship earlier, I can't help but feel like it's because of me. After all this time his feelings for me remain the same, whereas I moved on and fell for someone else. My feelings don't match his yet and I'm afraid it's going to put a strain on this relationship. I'm not sure how fast my feelings for him will grow. What if it takes too long?

"Aaron." I say, grabbing his attention.

"Hm?" He responds.

"Tonight was great. It felt like old times and I hope we can do this again soon."

"But?" He asks with a small smile. I furrow my brows confused to how he knew there was something more. "I can tell by the tone of your voice there's something else. Besides, you didn't seem quite yourself tonight. What is it?"

"I know your feelings for me have stayed mostly the same over the years. But I hope you can understand that mine haven't. I moved on and fell for someone else, so it's going to take me some time to feel what you feel for me. But I promise you that I'm in this relationship whole heartedly."

"It's fine." He says with a shrug. "I know your feelings for me aren't the same. And it's only been a month since you and Colton split so it's going to take some time. But I'm a patient man and the fact that you're willing to try this again is enough to convince me this will work out in the end. Like I said before; as long as I can call you mine, that's all that matters to me. I'm in love with you Victoria Daniels and I'll wait as long as it takes for you to love me back."

The way he looks at me makes butterflies form in my stomach. It's been a long time since he's looked at me like that. It's the look that would made me weak in the knees. It's the type of look you always want to see from that special someone.

I link my arms around his and place a kiss on his cheek before hugging him close. I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Thank you." I say with a smile. "That makes me feel a lot better."