Chapter Twenty-Two

Eyeless Jack's pov

I jumped down from my branch and walked over to the pair. Both their eyes snapped towards me than up at the tree, seeing everyone. "Seriously?" Masky yelled annoyed.

I looked behind me and saw everyone start to climb down. I continued to walk in their direction. I held out my hand to the newcomer. "Hello. I'm E.J, and your Y/n?" I asked.

They nodded their head and took my hand shaking it. "I hear your a proxy of Hoodie, correct?"

They nodded their head and cleared their throat "Yes." I lifted my mask up so my mouth was visible. "Well he did a good job training you. You fighting style is similar to his, strike to kill." I grinned so my sharp teeth were showing "I like it."

They looked at the ground embarrassed. "Would you be ok if I had a go at you?" I asked.

They looked up slowly and said a soft 'yes'. I smiled and turned around walking a few yards back. Once I turned around I looked at the small crowd that formed. It was apparent who was on who's side. About two thirds of the group was behind me and the other one third was behind them. I looked at my half, Jeff, Sally, The Toy Maker, BEN, Lost Silver, Jane and Clockwork. I scanned their side, Masky, L.J, Puppeteer, Lui.

I reached into my hoodie pocket and grabbed my scalpel. "Ready?" I called.

They nodded her head and gripped their weapon. I smiled widely and launched myself towards in their direction.

Hoodie's pov

I walked with Kate and Toby at my sides. We walked back to the mansion in silence the only noise was the sticks and leaves crunching under our feet. I didn't really pay attention though, the only thing I was focused on was getting back to my proxy. Normally I would take my time but with them being on their own with new people I walked at a quick pace. It's fine Masky's there, I reassured myself running my hands over my mask. I saw the break in the trees I was looking for and slowed to a walk. I moved the branches aside and climbed though the small hole, getting a view of the mansion. I walked up the walkway but was stopped when Kate put her hand on my shoulder. I looked at her confused. She wasn't looking at me, instead she looked to her left. "Can you hear that?" She said glancing at me.

I listened closely and heard what sounded like yelling. I straightened up and walked towards the sound. I heard Kate and Toby start to follow. As the sound got louder I began to speed up. As we neared the training clearing we steeped though the bushes I see two figures going at each other and people cheering them on. Just a fight, nothing to worry about. "It's a fight Kate. Let's head back." I said as I started to walk back towards the mansion.

Toby spoke up "W-wait is t-that Y/n?"

I turned around. "What?" I said looking at him.

He lifted his hand up and pointed to the fight. I looked closer and saw what he saw. A person dressed in a dark green jacket. "What are they doing?!" I said as I launched myself towards them.

As I near the fight I could see clearly what was going on. E.J and Y/n going at each other with all they have, they both were bloody. I broke though the small crowd and and stood at the front for a second than I turned to L.J "What the hell is going on?"

He laughed and pulled his lollipop out of his mouth pointing it at Jack. "Eyeless over there wanted a go at them. Y/n was Ok with it. They have about... Wait let me check" He said as he disappears into a dark gray cloud of smoke reappearing in front of Clockwork leaning over her as she stumbled back from being caught off guard. He grabbed her arm and reappeared back to his original spot with her. "What the hell!" She yelled at him.

He looked at her eye with the clock and turned back to me "Sixty three seconds."

The people around me where yelling things and cheering either Jack or Y/n on. I pulled off my ski mask and joined in yelling advice at Y/n. As Jack swiped at their face with his scalpel they ducked down landing on their stomach, letting go of their sledge hammer, he kicked it to the side and lifted his foot to bring it down on their face I cupped my hands over my mouth and yelled "Y/n left!" Their head snapped in my direction than back up at Jack's foot, they rolled once to the left and jumped to their feet as Jack's foot made contact in the space their head used to be. They turned around and went for a round house kick in the arm. Jack grabbed their leg as it was about to make contact. He pushed down and went to kick their side. They grabbed his leg and wrenched it back making him fall backwards. They straddled him and put their hands around his throat. I turned to LJ "Time?"

He turned to Clockwork "Eighteen seconds."

I looked back at the fight, they rolled around in the grass no one ever getting the upper hand.

"TEN SECONDS!" LJ called.

The crowd stared to count down.
"TEN!"
"NINE!"
"EIGHT!"
"SEVEN!"
"SIX!"
"FIVE!"
"FOUR!"
"THREE!"
"TWO!"
"ONE!"

"TIMES UP!" LJ called.