Chapter 20

The stiff sheets were scratching at my legs and the city lights had put the hotel room in a state between dark and light, which bugged my tired eyes to no end.

The clock on my Sidekick read 02.03 am. We had a wakeup call ordered for 6.30 to enable us of catching the plane back to Vegas. I hadn't slept yet.

I sighed softly, almost soundlessly and shifted a bit in the itchy sheets.

Last night of the tour had come and left. The final show had been awesome beyond words. Everybody in all three bands had played out their souls, the atmostphere had been great, the crowd indescribable. If I hadn't already been sure, nights like these could still remind me why I was in the music business.

Brent, Brendon, Spencer and I had hung out with Sonny the whole night while everybody else partied because someone had alerted the police to the fact that there might be uderage drinking happening at the afterparty. Sonny had bitched and Brent had looked quite annoyed, but personally I was kind of happy I didn't have to be the only sober person around.

Yeah, Brendon and I still hung out. I mean, I still loved him, why wouldn't I want to spend time with him?

He still slept in his own bunk for the rest of the tour, though, and let me initiate any 'couplish' act or touching, wanting to make sure not to grind at my boundaries.

And while I was still mad at him, I was just as mad at myself because the whole situation was bugging me so much more than it should be.

The way Brendon handled it all was admirable. Never had I appreciated his sudden patience and understanding more. And I suspect that if he hadn't possessed these virtues, Matt would've been right about us not lasting the rest of the tour.

We had, though, lasted the rest of the tour, that is. Even with touching and those things at a minimum. I think that during the six days that had passed since Bren's slip-up we'd held hands about a dozen times and I'd pecked his cheek probably twice and his lips a grand total of one.

It had been incredibly ironic that the same boy who'd been so impatient for sex had been able to glow for hours after having received a mere two second long touch of lips on lips.

As I said, he was admirable.

Not that he wasn't still impatient. I had my suspicions as to why he was suddenly spending an abundance of time in the various bathrooms wherever we were.

But throughout it all, I still wasn't over those words and my anger was barely subsiding. I needed it to, though. For some reason I felt like I needed the matter resolved within myself before returning to Las Vegas.

I turned again, now looking over at Brendon, who was asleep on the other bed.

The room arrangements had been made earlier, before the initial conflict between him and myself had started. Nobody had bothered to change it, even in the period where we hadn't been able to even look at each other without jumping into a fit of rage.

Brent had offered to trade rooms with me, whisperingly of course, but apparently nobody knows about Brendon's above average hearing but me, so he hadn't gone far enough away and the vocalist had heard.

I'd seriously considered agreeing. Being alone in a hotel room would be very different from sleeping on the same bus as him AND two other guys.

The hurt, confused look on the face of my boyfriend had kept me from doing it, though.

I'd turned Brent down and watched a small smile form on Brendon's face before leaving the room.

All this led me to here, the hotel room, lying only a few feet away from Brendon who was soundly asleep.