Chapter 21

I woke up to the annoying, excruciating sounds of the room phone, immediately knowing that I'd gotten far from enough sleep. I attempted to block out the ringing and go back to sleep, burying my face deeper in the crook of Brendon's neck.

I was still on top of him, our legs a tangled mess beneath the sheets. This was sort of odd considering how much he usually moved around at night, but I can't say I was disappointed to wake up that way.

He poked me. "Go kill the damn phone," he groaned, voice hoarse from sleep and the screaming he'd been doing overnight, before adding another poke for good measure.

I slowly rolled off of him before setting my feet on the floor, shifting my weight onto them before walking through the room like a sleep walker. I picked up the receiver. "Thanks, we're up, bye," I grumbled before putting it back down.

I raised my fists, rubbing sleep out of my eyes as I tried to convince my body that the two or so hours of sleep I'd gotten had been enough.

In the end we reached a compromise. I could stay awake for now, but I damn well had to go back to sleep pretty soon.

I turned around and walked back to the bed, sitting down next to Brendon before leaning down to press a kiss against his lips.

"I think we need showers," he stated.

I nodded and sent him a quick look. "Don't sit right up," I muttered. "Roll onto your side and get up from there." I looked down. "It hurts less that way. Sorry."

He raised an eyebrow but did as I'd instructed, still groaning as he did so.

I felt bad for a moment, but shook it off. He was hurting, that was that, there was nothing to do about it except trying to make life as easy on him for the day as I possibly could.

I kissed him again as he got into a standing position and put my arm around him for support as we started walking, or in his case wobbling, towards the bathroom.

"Don't feel bad about it," he replied as I started up a shower, adjusting the thermostat to make the temperature comfortable. "It's what I wanted, it was worth it."

I turned around and sent him a smile. "I love you," I muttered.

He grinned. "I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing you say that," he admitted. "I love you too, Ry-Ry, more than anything."

I pecked his cheek before ushering him into the shower, quickly following him after grabbing a washing cloth. My turn to clean up.

My conscience started up again as I, as gently as possible, scrubbed the blood off his ass. According to Matt it always bled the first time, and I was still pretty sure that Brendon never had had sex with anyone else, so once again it was normal and there was nothing to do about it, but I clearly remembered the pain I'd felt months ago when the roles had been reversed and felt bad for having put him through that as well.

He turned around to face me the moment I was done. "Ry, stop worrying about it, it's fine. Nothing I can't take."

I sent him an unsure smile, running the cloth down his stomach to clean off the cum.

He, apparently, wasn't all that interested in getting clean, though. He cupped my cheeks and brought my face in for a long, tender kiss.

We broke apart, both of us gasping for air a moment later, the water running down our faces and bodies.

"I will not stand for having you in a shower with me and doing nothing but getting clean," he muttered.

I could've laughed, but his lips were on mine again, his tongue running over my lower lip. I opened quickly, allowing him to enter, his tongue scooting around in my mouth before it started massaging mine, slowly, sensually as my hand dropped the washing cloth to grab hold of his drenched hair, responding to the kiss as deeply as I could.