I don't like her

ADRIEN'S POV

'Omigosh, Adrien Agreste with his new girlfriend!' A little girl shrieks, and a crowd builds up from nowhere.

Where the fuck have all these people come from?

It's not as if i was actually getting off with marinette, it was just a joke, i don't know how to explain it, but i already know by this moment that everyone is making assumptions.

Again.

We all push through the people and run down on the street, parisians on our tails. Its all a blur and i don't even know where my feet are taking me too, but i follow them anyway. I can't even see my toes because of the bright flashes in my face, but i keep pushing through and running, following the others.

Alya's house. 

MARINETTE'S POV

As we are sat down in the lounge, i regain my breath. 

Jesus Christ.

How does Adrien deal with this on a regular basis? 

And why am i, of all people, suddenly in the spotlight? The spotlight is the right place for ladybug, not ordinary girl Marinette. I wish i could go back to when i was just the baker's girl, a normal student living a normal life. Well, a double life actually.

This is getting a bit much.

Alya's father interupts my thoughts.

'Why hello, Marinette! How are your parents? Tell your father his new brie,bacon and honey croissant is spectacular, i will definitely be there for another..'

'Dad!' Alya is a little embarrassed.

I can't help but wonder why. I practically live at her house, she says so herself. I try to read her actions, then see her sly sideways glance towards Nino.

Aha.

ADRIEN'S POV

'And Nino, pleasure to meet you again! Wow, you have grown up... Oh my,' We all turn towards Mr. Cesaire, who is looking at me,' Is that Gabriel Agreste's son? Wow, i am honoured to have the son of such an icon..'

Gabriel Agreste's son. That's all i'm ever going to be.

'So, tell me Marinette, how long have you been 'going out' with this handsome young man? My, you remind me of when me and Louise where younger, oh it's so beautiful, young love..'

Oh. My. God.

This is the last straw.

'We aren't dating,' Marinette says, as Mr Cesaire walks out of the room, just before my phone starts ringing.

What have i done now?!

MARINETTE'S POV

'It's my father,' Adrien sighs, looking down at his phone.

'He can't be that bad, bro,'

'really, well i'll put him on speaker, and you guys can hear the real Gabriel Agreste,' He says, pressing the answer button on his phone.

Hearing Adrien snap makes me jump suddenly. 

Something bad is going to happen. I can sense it.

ADRIEN'S POV

'What is this that i am hearing from the news? I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't ruin my name in the public, with the commoner's girl! How can you do such thing to my reputation?' My father barks into the phone.

'I'm not dating her! Why does everyone say that? We aren't 'going out'! We aren't a thing! She's just a friend, i don't like her!' I finally say everything that i have wanted to say for so long, 'You told me to say 'no comment' and that's what i have been doing, not just doing what you say, but saying it because I. Don't. Like. Her!' 

'Adrien, you are to come home immediately, you are grounded until i say saw. I have got a lot to say to you, young man,'

I don't even look at my friends as i storm out, still on my phone, only not on speaker.

MARINETTE'S POV

After Adrien walking out, i'm really not in the mood to do anything fun. I say bye to Alya and Nino, and set foot outside the house.

FLASH. CLICK. CLICK.

'Marinette Dupain-Cheng, what can you say about your relationship with Adrien Agreste?'

FLASH. CLICK.

'How does it feel, going out with the son of a world-renowned fashion mogul?'

CLICK. FLASH. CLICK. CLICK.

'Can you confirm your dating Adrien Agreste?'

CLICK. FLASH. CLICK. FLASH. FLASH.

'no, i am not dating him, we are just friends,' I call out as i slam the door of my house. My parents look at me, confused. The bakery is closed, and the press are clamouring against the windows, flashing their cameras and recording everything.

'Lower the shutters, mum,' 

My mum presses the button, and the shutter slowly comes down over the windows. I look at the shrinking gap to see the last flash, then sigh with a little relief.

'Are you okay, honey?' My parents eyes are filled with concern.

'I'm fine, i just need a little time to myself,'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------