17. Lark

"We will live happily ever after,"

🦋

After the Sports Festival, life is peaceful. According to last year's timeline, nothing will happen until the birthday celebration for me and Space. Although, since now we know about Space's birthday beforehand, perhaps we can celebrate his birthday right on his birth date, November 11th?

Oh, now that I am mending my relationship with Horo and Scopus Rasalhague, I will celebrate their birthday too. Their birthday is on December 5th. What will be their presents...?

But, first. I have to catch up and study for the end of the year exams. The earlier I prepare myself, the better. I will be able to take it slowly later.

Since I live in Cristallum Academy's dormitory, I don't feel Mom's absence much. It's not like she regularly asked about me either; when she was still one of us. Dad, on the other hand, is experiencing heartbreak. I feel bad for Dad.

When I am doing homework at the library one day, after school, I receive a message in [Reminiscene] chatroom.

Horo [We need to talk about something]

Mercury [I am at the library]

Scopus [Maybe somewhere else?]

Mercury [Where?]

Horo [The classroom should be empty now]

Mercury [All right. Will be there in minutes]

Scopus [Us too]

Packing my books plus returning library's books to their shelves, I make my way out from the library. Asterism Hamal has the counter duty, and he raises an eyebrow at me. I give a shrug as I also inform him, "Going to the classroom for a chat with the twins,"

Asterism blinks thoughtfully, "Need a companion?"

"It's fine," I assure him, "Later,"

It is peaceful too, the walk to the classroom to meet the twins. When I enter the classroom, nobody is in there. I walk to my seat and wait there. I debate on whether to continue working on my homework, before thinking against it.

When Horo and Scopus enter the classroom, Scopus also closes the door and locks it. Horo walks around, scouring the classroom to see if we have anyone hiding in here.

I pause at their move. I want to think they are not up to mischief. Can I trust them? I will, for now.

"We don't think you would want people to hear it," Scopus says as he comes to sit at the chair in front of my table

Horo has finished his task and is taking a seat beside me too, "It's about Auntie,"

The one they call Auntie who is related to me is...my Mom. Oh. They have heard about the divorce already? Who could have told them? I am keeping silent about it, after all.

Horo and Scopus want to talk about it, but they are also hesitating. I wait patiently for them to bring it up.

"Auntie... She showed up at Uncle's house," Scopus is the one breaking the news to me, explaining that, "My Father's twin's house,"