beautiful girl

Enjoy! 🤍

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." --- Helen Keller————————————————————

Chapter 27
<——————————————->

"I'm not hungry," Kade muttered, his glare deeply situated on the comforter.

I sighed. "You need to eat." Tightening my hands around the bowl, I stared at his half asleep expression.

He shook his head. "I don't have to eat."

"Yeah, and you don't have to argue either," I snapped before huffing.

I had been attempting to feed him this damn soup for what seemed like an eternity. At this point, I was contemplating on shoving the food down his throat.

I'm losing my mind.

His brown eyes came into play, shooting daggers at me. I looked away from his glare, and instead placed the bowl down.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Fine, starve."

Pressing my hand to his forehead, I was ecstatic at the fact that the fever was beginning to die. "Do you feel any better?" It'd only been a couple of hours but he seemed a bit better.

My guess was that he mixed his alcohol with something else, or someone had done it for him. I didn't think he was high, but if he had smoked, it was definitely laced.

Kade nodded, his eyes shutting again. I watched as he was quickly pulled into another deep slumber, his snoring being similar to the sound of a baby's. My lips twitched at the sight before I stood.

I stood up, the quiet atmosphere biting at me. As I stood, I glanced at Kade to make sure he was alright before I left the room.

"Sleep tight," I murmured at his figure.

I left his door open just in case of emergency, and walked down the long staircase. His house was truly beautiful.

I continued to admire his home, allowing minutes to pass. For some damn reason in the midst, I texted Raven to call off the ride, so I was stuck here.

Instead of going back to his room, I decided that I could watch a few movies to let the next couple of hours pass by more quickly.

After I decided on a few movies, I plopped down on the comfy sofa. I let the movies play, but my mind still continued to wonder off about my dad and brother. The thought made me freeze.

In my adventures, I had forgotten about both of them. I didn't come home, call, or even text all night; they must be worried sick right now.

I hurried and paused the third movie I was on. Walking back into his room, I was about to push open the door before Kade's voice caused me to stop.

"No!" I heard him in a series of struggled grunts.

I didn't hesitate on coming in. My eyes fell upon his shaky figure, my concern worsening.