twenty six.

"Closed in a room, my imagination
becomes the universe, and the rest of
the world is missing out."
— Criss Jami

Jungkook POV

As nice as it was, sometimes good company only reminds you that there's also bad company, or a lack there of.

That's exactly what I thought when Yoongi came strolling into the studio as my class was finishing up. The older was always welcomed, but seeing him only reminded me of the little I've seen of my best friend.

"Hey Yoongi." I called over to him, the older waving before taking a seat at the soundboard. I said my goodbyes to the students and answered a few questions before the studio was empty once again, leaving us alone.

His hair was a mess, probably from running his hands through it too many times. "Hey."

"What's up?" I asked, falling on the ground with a grunt and laying on my back, the dampness of my shirt from sweat making it stick to my torso.

Yoongi tugged his hood up and closed his eyes, speaking in a quiet mumble, "I was bored at the studio and Jimin was busy."

I listened from the floor and used my hands as a cushion against the hardwood surface, "Taehyung was busy also." I said. They both seemed to have a lot to do recently, but I've been making an effort to see the older boy and maybe I should do the same towards Jimin. The thought made me feel guilty for a moment, an ache finding home in my chest as I realized I should be doing more for my best friend. "I'll go visit Jimin later and see how he's doing."

There wasn't a response from the other so I peeked open an eye at him, only to see him messing with the string on his hoodie.

"Hey, what's up?" I nudged his foot with my shoe, "For real."

Yoongi just sighed softly, "I've been experiencing a block recently." the exhaustion was clear on his face and his body screamed of stress, "I haven't finished a song in weeks."

There wasn't much for me to say. Not finishing something in weeks is really bad for someone who is usually done with a new project by dinner time. "Do you want to go do something to get your mind off it? Maybe you just need to clear your head." I offered.

The older boy just shrugged and his fingers were soon brushing through his hair again, "No, but I did want to ask a favor of you."

I nodded slowly and pushed myself off the floor to start grabbing my things, especially since Taehyung was suppose to stop by after his family thing and my class was over.

"Okay, shoot." I said.

"Okay so hear me out first." he started, already making me nervous. No one should start a conversation like that. But he certainly did gain my attention that way and make me drop my backpack and water back to the floor. "Jimin may have told me before how you don't know how to write a book, or even start one I guess."

My jaw fell down a bit and I scoffed, "I can start a book, it just takes a very long time and he doesn't get it."

Yoongi laughed lightly, "Okay even if that's true, a few ideas scribbles on a sticky note doesn't count as starting a book."

"I feel exposed."

"Jimin loves you."

I just hummed, picking my bag up and walking to the door, "Let's go, I'm locking up."

"In fact!" Yoongi ignored me, however still getting up off the chair and following me anyways, "He loves you so much he told me he would volunteer to be the main focus of your first novel."