Ministers

*LACEY*

We get to the concert right as the boys are taking the stage. We push our way to the front and give thumbs up to Wes, Sid and Drew. There was another member that was the lead singer, but I didn't know him.

Wes smiles at us and Drew waves frantically. Sid doesn't do anything once he sees April standing there.

All of a sudden the lights go out and the only thing we can see is the lead singer, who is shining under a spot light.

"Hello Birchwood! Are you ready to rock!" He screams into the mic.

Screams surround us as everyone cheers.

Wes makes his way to the drum set, Sid to the guitar and Drew to the bass. Once situated with their instruments Wes starts a beat. Soon after Sid starts strumming his guitar. Then Drew jumps in. The lead singer grabs the mic and starts to sing.

"Hey girl you know you drive me crazy
One look puts the rhythm in my hand
Still I'll never understand why you hang around
I see what's going down"

Nova grabs my hand and starts dancing, moving so ferociously that I had to too. After a few seconds I really got into and was having a blast. I started swaying my hips and bopping my head to the music.
April joined us in our dance party.

"Even though they're a cover band, I'm having so much fun!" Nova screams.

"They're fantastic!" April adds.

I can't help but smile when I look on the stage and see the huge smile on my friends faces, they really enjoy this.

All to soon the first song ends.

"God I need a drink already" April says

"I don't think the serve alcohol here" I say with a chuckle

Her eyes widen.

"Oh god no, I just meant a water!"

Nova and I laugh at her.

"Join me?" She asks

I shrug, it not like u had anything better to do.

"You coming Novs?"

She shakes her head.

"Nah I'm gonna save our spots!"

With that April grabs my hand and pulls me through the crowd to the drink table in the back corner.

"What can I get you ladies to drink?" A teen with jet black hair and a nose ring says.

"A root beer and a water!" April says

"Aww you know me so well!" I joke

The teen hands us our drinks in red solo cups and we step away after thanking him.

"So April, how have you been enjoying the states?"

Her eyes brighten as a huge smile appears on her face.

"It's been bloody fantastic. My auntie had been taking me to so many places. I've been to the cinema, a diner, she even took me to the mall!"

"That's great! Have you been to an 'American party' yet?"

"Nah, Wes is to busy trying to get out of detention and auntie says she's to old."

We both laugh.

"Well What are your thoughts on tonight?"

"If this is what American parties are like then you can sign me up for every one!"

"I'll keep that in mind!"