⌜ fifty eight ⌟

jeno crouched down, placing a bouquet of flowers down on the ground, just beside a gravestone that has his bestfriend's name on it

the boy smiled, ❝hey mark..

oh how much he wants to tell mark everything. everything that has happened. from graduating together with jaemin and renjun, enjoying summer with everyone by going to chenle's famous beach house and celebrating there after knowing the gender of the baby, to now starting his first day of work. before getting accepted, he actually had months of special classes to learn what the company about. luckily for him mark is his bestfriend, he may have learned a lot from mark. during those months, he witnessed how donghyuck's stomach grew bigger. from a small baby bump to a size that's bigger than a ball.

he didn't want to say it but he did fall even deeper than deep for donghyuck. the teasings from his friends are not helping, being with donghyuck 24/7 is also not helping. but he promised himself to just be a friend. a friend who'll be there for him at all times.

do i have to tell you everything?❞ jeno giggled, ❝i only have ten minutes and i don't want to be late. maybe next time?

he then sat down and wasted his five minutes on just staring at mark's name printed on the gravestone not even noticing the tear drops coming down from his eyes.

it could've been us wearing this suit and tie.❞ he bit his lower lip, ❝and going inside that big building looking like agents from the tv shows we watch.

it would have been a nice sight to see.

jeno looked up, blinking ❝are these tears?❞ he laughed while wiping the liquid coming down from his eyes called tears and then stood up. ❝i'll get going then.

he showed smile before going to his car that mark's father gave him. he was about to visit his father but his mother told him that they'll go together later after he is dismissed from his work. the company isn't located that far and just arrived after five minutes of driving.

after parking his car at the parking lot, his phone rang ad soon as he got out of the car. he quickly answered it after seeing donghyuck's picture and name on the screen.

so—

"how's the job!? it must be so cool driving your own car there and going inside the company being the most youngest person who works there!"

jeno sighed, disappointed that it wasn't donghyuck on the phone ❝jaemin don't you have classes? where is donghyuck?

he heard a coo from the other side of the line, "acting like a husband i see." jaemin giggled, "there's no harm in skipping classes for the whole morning and donghyuck is cooking."