Chapter 30

Ariel's POV

We both come through the front door laughing our asses off at the joke that Adam just told.

"No, I'm serious." He continues to laugh.

"You know, it isn't right to tell a little kid to fuck off." I jokingly scold him as he locks the door.

"He was 14 and he was rude and a brat." He explains.

Adam took me on a picnic and it was beautiful. Don't let me get started on how delicious the food tasted.

He claimed that it was just because it was my last night here.

I mean, it isn't that much of a deal since I come here like, every day.

"Hey what time is it?" I say once I finished laughing.

He looks at his expensive watch and then back at me. " 6:03?" He says but it sounds more like a question.

I look at him sadly, knowing that I have to get ready for once my parents come here. He morphs my expression and strides over to me. "Do you have to go?" He asks as he wraps his hands around my waist and looks all over of my face.

"Adam..." I partially whine. "I haven't seen my parents in weeks and it wouldn't be right for me to stay here after they arrive," I explain.

"I know.." He trails off. "I'm just being selfish." He chuckles lowly.

"You're acting as if I'm going across the world for 6 months. I'm only ten minutes away." I laugh lightly at him as I wrap my arms around his neck and he sways us slightly.

"I guess I'll just miss seeing your beautiful face every morning..."

I'm having a heart attack.

"...seeing that smile..." 

I'm dying.

"...and kissing those soft lips." He whispers while raking the pad of his thumb over my bottom lip.

My ovaries just exploded.

I'm sure that I'm blushing furiously right now as my breathing quickens. I try to avoid eye contact but it's almost impossible since he's inches away from me. "Oh..." I say but mentally facepalm when I hear myself.

He lets out a deep vibrating chuckle which sends bolts of electricity all through my body. "You know, you're cute when you're flustered."

He grips my waist a little tighter and starts to absentmindedly play with my hair. "I-I better go and get ready." I stutter foolishly.

He hesitantly lets go of my waist and steps back a little. "Right.." He states awkwardly.

He kisses me softly on my lips before turning and running up the stairs.

I let out a breath that I was unaware of holding and then make my way up the stairs also.

---------------------------

"Mom! Dad!" I say while running like a little child up to my parents.

They open their arms and I jump in them. Childish I know, but I've never spent more than a week away from my parents and I missed them so much.

After our little hug fest, my parents gratefully thank Adam's Mom for letting me stay although she insist that it wasn't a problem.

Libby and I say bye like usual since nothing has changed and then rushes back up the stairs to talk on the phone with Liam.

Adam, on the other hand is literally looking straight into my soul as our parents interact.

I give him a little wave in which he returns one.

"Okay Ariel, time to go." My mother announces as my father picks up my duffle bag.

We say our last farewell and make our way towards the car.

Once we settle in our seats, and we take off towards our house.

"So, when were you planning to tell me that you and Adam are together?" My mother asks nonchalantly as if she's telling me about the weather.

My eyes snap to the mirror of the front seat to look at her to find her eyes focused on the road as she's fighting back a smile.

"What?!" My father shouts looking between us although I can tell that he's not angry.

"Can't you tell, sweetie?" My mother ask him.

"I-I was..." I trail off uncertainly.

"Oh hush, darling." My mother states. "It was bounds to happen. Isn't that right Tony?" She asks my father.

"I suppose." He responds. "If it's Adam I can't really complain, I know he'll take good care of you and I won't have to  be using my rifle anytime soon." He says from the driver's seat as he adjusts his hands on the staring wheel.

I keep silent as I know that it's no use denying it.

That was easier than I thought. I think to myself.

It was then that I knew that I couldn't wish for better parents.

----------------------

Incredibly short, I know, but expect a little drama next chapter.

Thanks for 2k+ guys!