Christmas

Serena had a wonderful Christmas with the Acker family. They welcomed her with open arms as they usually do. Her parents had written her and wished her a Happy Christmas and sent her a present via one of the ministry’s owls. It was placed in a misshapen box. She quickly snatched the letter from the owl.

My Dearest Serena,

       I’m sorry we could not spend the holidays with you. Your father and I miss you terribly. We wish we could tell you more about what goes on in our lives, but our jobs strictly prohibit it. We do love you, sweetie. I really hope you like our gift. We saw it a few weeks ago and thought it was the perfect Christmas present. We’ll see you soon. Happy Christmas.

Love,

Mom and Dad

Serena opened her box and saw that her parents had gotten her a Tutshill Tornados jersey and two tickets to one of their games in June. She was thrilled and tried to remember to write a thank you note back to them later.

Maggie had gotten her a case for her Nimbus 2001.

“It’s not much, but I thought you could use it. Seeing as your brooms are shoved into your lockers…but this has a lock on it, and it keeps the bristles in tact.”

“Thank you so much, Mags,” said Serena. “I love it.”

Olivia had sent her a card and got her a new notebook with Jacob Beckerman on it. The cover showed him flying around in his Tutshill Tornados uniform. Serena picked up the note.

Serena,

            I know you’re probably laughing at my gift, but I couldn’t help myself. I saw it and I thought of you. You don’t have to use it, but I figured you might need a new one since you’re always scribbling in that old gray one. I hope you and Maggie are having a wonderful holiday. See you in a few weeks!

Olivia

P.S. My brothers still fancy you.

Serena smiled. Olivia had two younger twin brothers who were seven years old. The last time Serena visited Olivia at her house, her brothers followed them around all day and kept fighting over Serena. She told them that if they were a little older then they’d be allowed to ask her out. Selena giggled at the memory.

Her last gift was from Jade. She took a deep breath before she opened the card, because who knows what that girl would end up getting her.

Serena,

         I’m sorry if you hate me for getting you this, but honestly I have to. If you’re going to be sneaking off with Wood, then those granny panties of yours are no longer acceptable. Trust me, I’m doing you a favor as your best friend. Also, don’t try to return it, I told the Witch who works there to not accept it if you try to. Cheers!

Jade

“Oh my god,” whispered Serena as she put down the card. She opened the box and pulled out…dental floss? Nope, it was lingerie. Bright, red lingerie that barely had any fabric to it.

“What the hell is that?” laughed Maggie. “Oh my god!”

“It’s from Jade,” said Serena. “I’m going to kill her.”

“That girl is seriously boy crazy,” said Maggie. “I don’t even want to know what she got me.”

Serena and Maggie spent the day with her family. The cozied up by the fire, drank hot butterbeer and told stories. It was times like this when Serena wished that her parents spent more time with her. She knew that their jobs were important, but just a simple family dinner without an argument would be nice.