Chapter 3: The Shitface

As soon as Brandon blurted out that news, Savannah kicked him out of the house. He gave her annoyed look, but Savannah knew he was anything but annoyed. Brandon understood that she needed to be alone. He was worried, but said nothing.

Even grandma was very confused when she watched her granddaughter ran toward her room with Carrick trailing behind her. The cat was meowing as it jumped and snuggled into its owner as soon as she threw herself on the bed.

Savannah covered her face with a pillow. Now, she was really stressed. Problems came in her way like bullets she couldn't dodge.

She came to her grandma's house intend to look for a refreshment, not another problem. Rubbing both of her temples, she hugged Carrick closer to her body.

If she wanted to be honest, she didn't even know how she felt right now. A surge of frustration ran through her body like waves in ocean. She felt like breaking something.

She just needed to figure this out, getting out of this problem. Did quit the job sound like a proper decision over this problem? Nah, she didn't want to make grandma grew more worried. Grandma would realize right away that something was wrong with her granddaughter if she quit the job so abruptly.

Savannah needed a clear mind to solve the problem, so she may had to take a rest right now. With Carrick purring in her warm embrace enjoying its owner's attention, Savannah fell into sleep.

Till, the ticking clock hung in the wall was the only sound could be heard in the room. Then, silence took place.

Savannah's eyes shot open as she woke up gasping for breath, cold surrounding her body. Still feeling a little groggy, she tried to make sense of her surrounding. With blurry eyesight, her brow furrowed when she noticed the wet spot around the bed.

She sniffed at it a little. Sure, she didn't bedwetting it in her sleep right? There was no smell.

Grandma shook her head at Savannah's antic, she put her hands on her hips and glared at the young woman. "It's inappropriate for young woman to wake up at this time."

Savannah's eyes went wide as she was met with annoyed looking grandma. Sleep sooner then usual would make her wake up late and Grandma was always a strict person.

Grandma's eyebrow furrowed in confusion as she stared at her unmoving granddaughter.  "Get up and take a bath. You have to go to work today, right?"

Savannah's expectation to stay in bed and goes back sleeping was crushed instantly. She only mumbled quitly, "Yes, Grandma."

Grandma shook her head again and turned to exit the room, while Savannah still having inner debate whether she should go to work or not.

Or maybe she should call in sick...

Savannah immediately snatched her phone from the bedpost and called Brandon. If she didn't go to work, she could go sight-seeing today, so that Grandma wouldn't be suspicious.

"Brandon!" She nearly screamed once Brandon picked up. "I am sick. You have to tell the boss that I am not coming today, okay?"

And she was met with silence in the other end. A half minute of silence was enough to aggravated Savannah more. "Answer me!"

"Uh, this is not Brandon..." Someone on the other end told her carefully, afraid she might began shouting at him too.

Savannah was embarassed that someone other than Brandon had witnessed her tantrum, even though only through line of telephone.

"Uh ... " she didn't know what to say.

"I am sorry." She heard him apologize. "Brandon's picking up Mr. Rashford from the airport."

Savannah took a deep breath upon hearing that name, she told herself that it was all about the past. She didn't need to worry.

Or maybe she could try to go through this. Only three more weeks and everything's going back to what it used to. She was going back to Manchester.

"If you don't mind, may I ask who you are?" The man sounded genuinly curious. At that moment, she knew she was fucked up.

"You don't check the caller's name before picking up someone's phone?" Savannah asked. She thought she could still got away if he didn't know her name. Then, she realized something.

"Oh wait! Brandon's gonna get pissed at you for intruding on his phone." She accused. She could trick him into submitting to her and do as she wishes, maybe.

"I did check the caller's name and it's under the name 'angry bull', so I don't know who is calling." He sounded amused at this.

Savannah frowned. Brandon saved her name as what?

Nah, she could deal with him later. "Now, explain how do you managed to get a hold of Brandon's phone?"

"I--" His voice was cut off when suddenly a screeching sound was heard through the line of phone. Even Savannah had to get the phone away from her ear before it damaged her hearing.

A few seconds later, Brandon voice rang through the telephone. Savannah slowly put her ear back to her phone in order to hear his voice more clearly.

The screeching sound was came from Brandon. "Sorry, Sav. Some asshole trying to get into my phone and picked up your call."
She could practically see Brandon glaring at whoever the man was. "Why did you call?"

Nah, now that someone had heard about her plan to ditch the work, how was she supposed to get away?

"Could you tell them that I am going to take a day off because I am sick?" She didn't know why she was whispering through the phone right now. But, she added, "Please?"

Silence took place afterward. Savannah knew Brandon needed to think about this all throughly, that's why he is a thinker. He was measuring between the bads and goods of letting her off work for a day. He certainly knew she was alright and there was no even a single scratch on her body.

"She is not sick." The annoying man suddenly piped in. His voice didn't sound sk clear, but she could still heard him. Savannah hadn't met him, but she seriously hating him right now. He continued, "She is lying. You know a sick person wouldn't have that much of energy to yell like a mad like that."

Savannah imagined him smirking right now. "Brandon? How the heck that shitface heard about our conversation right now?"

Savannah was greatly annoyed and angry.
"Sorry." He exclaimed. "The speaker was on and... "

Somehow, Brandon's last sentence sounded like he was nervous. His words hung unfinished. Then it was proven by his next words that hold shock in them. "Uh, hi Mr. Rashford. I forgot you are here. Uh ... I mean welcome again. Oh I already said that a while ago. But ... yeah, welcome back..."

Out of shock, her phone slipped down from her hand. At this point, Savannah knew she was fucked up.

I am finally updating again. I tried to make it once a week, but really, I had no mood as school's greatly drained my energy.
I am still have to study for college tests. But, I also think that updating once a week could build my discipline toward writing, so I am really trying here.

And I am saying a huge thank you for whoever has been reading this book!