32 ~ They're coming

You looked around. The tent was filled with chairs. A big space was left open for a dance floor. It was such an amazing atmosphere. Bill and Fleur were dancing. You were watching.

One day, you wanted that too. Whether it was with Draco or not. A perfect dress.. A beautiful place.. your future husband in a beautiful suit.. everything will be perfect.

'Are you enjoying yourself?'

You looked up and saw Molly. You smiled.

'It's beautiful to see them so happy. So yes.. I am.' You smiled.

'One day you'll enjoy your own beautiful wedding.' She smiled.

'I hope so.. I'll invite you too, of course.'

Molly laughed a little.

'Well, I'm glad you will.' She smiled.

Your parents joined you two and they soon ended up in a conversation with Molly. You continued looking. You saw Ron.. He was definitely staring at Hermione. You smiled a little.

'You see it Too,' Fred asked you.

'Don't you?' George asked.

George was standing to your left and fred was standing to your right. You had no idea when they arrived. They startled you a bit. Although they seemed to notice something between Ron and Hermione too.

'You have got to stop doing that.' You laughed.

'What?' They asked in unison.

'Sneaking up on me.'

They both laughed. They were great.

'So do you guys ship Ron and Hermione?' You asked.

'We're not allowed to joke around with it anymore.' George sighed.

You laughed.

'Why doesn't that surprise me?' You asked.

'Because you know us.' Fred grinned.

You looked at Ron again, who was distracted now.

'Maybe you can bring them together.' Fred said.

You looked at him.

'I tried.. But my own issues caught up with me so I couldn't help them.' You sighed. 'You two are his brothers. You should try to talk to him.'

'Good idea.' George said before pulling Fred with him towards Ron.

And just like that, you were alone again. You watched all the couple's dancing.. even your mum and dad were dancing. They never danced. It was quite awkward to see but you were happy that they were having a good time.

It made you think about Draco. If he wasn't a death eater, he could have been there with you. Dancing and celebrating. Of course, his family couldn't just allow that.. Of course, he had to be the one that you fell in love with.

There was no point in thinking like this. You wanted to have fun. You had to make sure you had fun. This could be one of the last occasions where you could have fun.

You made your way over to the drinks and grabbed one.

'Having a good time?'

You looked up and saw Hermione. You smiled and handed her the drink you were holding.

'I am. It's nice here.' You smiled. 'It's good to do something else than being busy with a war.'

'Tell me about it.' She sighed.

You grabbed a new drink and took a sip.

'Go dance with Ron.' You said. 'He's been eying you all night.'

Hermione casually looked back. She had eye contact with Ron for a moment before she looked back.

'It's probably nothing.' She brushed it off.

'That's the problem.' You sighed.

Hermione didn't quite seem to understand what you were talking about.

'You are both too scared to make a move.' You followed.

'I'm not scared.' She denied.

It made you laugh. They were both afraid. It was cute but also a problem. They would never start a relationship like this. It was a waste..

'Don't laugh! I'm serious.'

'If you're not scared.. than ask him to dance with you.' You said before taking another sip from your drink.

Hermione looked at Ron and then back at you.

'I will... later tonight.' She said.

'Now or never.' You spoke.

Hermione took a sip of her drink and didn't say anything.

'I know you need your own time and place to do this. I just hope you find the chance.' You said to her.

She smiled.

'I hope so too.' She smiled.

Then suddenly you heard something. It was unlike something you had heard before. It was.. odd. Hermione immediately looked around and stepped towards the sound..

A blue light flew through the tent. You had never seen that before. You walked towards it. Some guests stepped aside to allow it to take in the centre on the tent. Slowly, a voice was heard..

'The ministry has fallen... The minister of magic... is dead.'

You looked at your parents. They were on the opposite side of the room. You immediately felt scared. They saw it.

'They're coming.' It said. 'They're coming.... they're coming.'

They're coming.. the death eaters.. They were heading towards you and there was nothing you could do. For a moment you couldn't move. Everyone was panicking around you and all you could do was stand there.

This could be your end. This could be the end for so many people. People bumped against you while they tried to go away. Bill and Fleur held each other for a moment. You then found yourself walking back, trying to find someone you knew.

Black smoke entered the tent and changed into a death eater. They shot death spells and looked around for people. There slowly came more and more. You didn't know if Draco was going to come or not. No one would allow you the time to look.

'Y/N!' Your mother yelled.

You were grabbed by a hand. You looked at her. Your father joined you two. He apparated you three back home.

-

You fell onto the floor of your home. Your mind tried to process what happened. Your parents got up right away. They ran out of the room into the hallways. You heard them mumbling protective spells.. This was all getting out of hand.

'Y/N.. where is Y/N?' You heard your mother ask.

'I don't know..' Your father said.

'I swear I took her! Y/N?!'

Your mother ran back into the room. She fell down besides you and hugged you right away. You hugged her back.

'Mum.. why the spells? They weren't after us. They were after Harry.'

'That doesn't matter... I'm so glad you're safe. My beautiful girl... I'm so glad.' She said.

'Did you see them leave?' You asked. 'My friends?'

'No.. No, I didn't.' Your mother said. 'But I'm sure they're okay.'

Your mother let you go. You looked out of the window.

'Mum, if there is anything you need to tell me.. You have to.' You said. 'If you're using these spells because we're in danger.. then I need to know.' You choked.

You looked back at your mother. You felt tears stinging in your eyes. It hurt you that your parents weren't honest with you. It hurt you that you didn't know what happened to everyone. You were scared.

'It'll be okay Y/N. I promise you. We just want to protect ourselves.' Your mother said.

Your father walked into the room. You looked at him.

'We're safe.. For now.' He said.