Part 35

At the bakery the cats were getting ready to begin cleaning up for the day, both of them feeling exhausted. "No offense house cat, but that was so much harder without y/n here," the dark cat said, leaning against the counter with his back to the door.

"Same here stray," the other replied, wiping his forehead, his tail drooping behind him. Yoongi smiled but it faltered when he heard the sound of the door tinkling open and saw Jimin's eyes darken with fury. He knew exactly who it must be and his head whipped around to see. He inhaled sharply, the musky smell of the customer's cologne making him wrinkle his nose in distaste. A devilishly handsome man was strolling through the door with his hands shoved in his pockets, glancing around the room. He sneered when he caught sight of the two cats standing behind the counter.

"Two?" He asked himself quietly, shaking his head, before calling out to them, having stopped halfway to the counter. "I'm looking for y/n," he said in a bored voice, glancing first at Jimin and then sliding his eyes to rest on Yoongi, landing down at his collarless neck and smirking. Yoongi felt a burning hatred rising in his chest as the man's eyes examined him with disgust.

"I bet you are you f-" Jimin snarled, lunging forward. Yoongi threw his arm out, stopping the younger cat from going around the counter. He shot Jimin a warning look, his arm straining with the force he was applying to his chest to hold him still. Jimin ground his teeth but stepped back, moving to the other side of the older cat and glaring darkly at the man who had ignored his outburst and was now watching Yoongi closely with his head tilted to the side.

"Y/n isn't here today," he said calmly. "And if there isn't anything we can get you, then I'll ask that you leave now." The cat spoke politely but firmly, forcing his anger down to keep from exploding as the man pursed his lips but didn't move to leave, taking a step toward them instead.

"Bit rude to speak to a customer that way, don't you think?" He said darkly, still ignoring Jimin who was growling threateningly.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Yoongi said, using the same dark tone as the man as he slightly loosed his reign on his anger. "What I meant to say was, you need to get the fuck out of here before these half-breeds throw you out," he finished, all pretenses of politeness now dropped. Jimin snarled in approval at the older's threatening tone. The man glowered for a moment before turning to leave. "Wait-" Yoongi called, and the man paused, looking back and raising an eyebrow at him. "What do you want with her?" He asked.

The man chuckled. "What do I want with her? She's mine. She belongs with me and I've come back to collect her," he said simply before turning and leaving the shop. The cats had both been struck silent by the words and now looked at each other worriedly. Yoongi crossed the room and locked the door and they began cleaning quietly, lost in their thoughts. Jimin kept glancing at the clock distractedly as they worked.

"Just go," the older cat said, turning to him. "I'll take care of this. And I'll see you back here in the morning." Jimin dropped what he was doing and threw his arms around the other boy, nearly knocking him over. Yoongi patted his back, using his tail to balance and stabilize himself as the other squeezed him tightly.

"Thank you hyung!" He said, pulling back and looking at him with watery eyes. Yoongi just nodded in reply and gestured for him to leave before turning back to finish cleaning. Jimin bolted for the door and hurried home, calling another thank you over his shoulder as he went. He hurried home and opened the door quietly when he arrived at the apartment to find all three of them piled on the couch. Tae was asleep, his head relaxed back against the cushion and y/n was curled up in his lap, her head leaned against his chest also sleeping soundly. Hoseok stood from his spot at the other end of the couch when he heard Jimin come in and crossed the room to him.