FORTY TWO

Kat loved having Doc with her while she traveled to do promo for the new Avengers movie

It felt bittersweet to her, having him travel with her when years before when the first Iron Man movie came out, he was there as a puppy with her.

Now he was here happily exploring the streets of LA as she held onto his leash.

She was used to being pulled around by him (even if Cesar Millan wouldn't approve) so she didn't think much of it when Doc started tugging particularly hard on his leash.

Knowing now he had managed to stop a random person, Kat sighed, "Doc, cmon, leave the poor-"

She stopped short when she looked up to identify the person, only to discover that it was someone Doc knew: Tom.

She still remembered that one day when Tom was moaning about missing Tessa so much that Kat traveled all the way to Queens one morning just to bring Doc to him, in hopes to cheer him up.

It worked, being Doc instantly declared Tom one of his favorite humans- and that was hard for him to do.

He usually kept his distance at first when meeting someone new but with Tom, one sniff and he was licking him awake.

Now here they were reunited.

"Doc! Buddy! I've missed you so much!"

"Tom," Kat chuckled, "Fancy running into you here."

"I followed you," Tom joked, earning a look from her, "I'm kidding- I went out for a walk. Harrison was being too... loud."

"Okay, that is too much information."

"What?" he frowned, only to grow wide-eyed in realization, "Wait, no! He's watching a football game!"

"Right," Kat giggled, tugging Doc to make him walk again which he reluctantly did, but this time with Tom following.

"I didn't know you brought him with you."

"Yeah, I wanted to give him the chance to travel at least once- plus, I missed him a lot so I just decided last minute to take him with me."

"Definitely makes me miss Tessa," Tom sighed.

"How is she?"

"She's great, beautiful, amazing, perfect."

"Someone's in love," Kat said teasingly.