Part 36

Jimin kissed her gently and left her sleeping in the bed as he headed to the bakery. When he got there he found a cup of steaming, creamy coffee waiting for him and he looked at it and turned to raise an eyebrow at Yoongi, who shrugged in response.

"Habit," the dark cat said. The two of them worked silently, both of them tired but determined. Jimin was helping a customer later in the morning when he suddenly felt eyes on him. He looked up, his eyes flicking around the room before settling on a figure standing outside the window. Seunghyun was standing outside looking in, his hands shoved in his pockets. Jimin scowled at him and returned his attention to the customer. When he was finished helping them and looked back, the man was no longer there.

-

You woke up in a cold, empty bed and blinked your eyes. You could hear raindrops hitting the window, the sound almost soothing you back to sleep when the front door opened. Footsteps shuffled through the apartment to the doorway of your room and across the floor to you. When he saw you were awake Taehyung smiled softly and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Good morning noona," he said. "What do you want to do today?" Your eyes focused on his sweet face and you shrugged in response. He scrunched his face up in thought and considered for a moment. "Well, I could sleep a little more. Do you want to stay in bed for a bit?" He asked, looking down at you. You nodded in response and he smiled, crawling onto the bed and snuggling up behind you. "Just wake me up when you want to, ok?" You closed your eyes and dozed again.

A couple hours later you felt him stir next to you and he sat up and stretched. He placed a hand on your arm softly. "Noona? I'm hungry, I'm going to order some food. Do you want anything?" You shook your head no. "I'm gonna order you something anyway," he said, pulling his phone out. When he was done he climbed out of bed and stood in front of you. "Come on noona, let's go watch some cartoons," he said smiling. You stood slowly and he took your hand, leading you out to the living room. He got you situated on the couch, placing a blanket on your lap and brushing your hair back from your face.

"Tae?" You said in a tiny voice. He stopped and looked down at you in surprise, waiting for you to go on. "I want coffee," you mumbled shyly. His face broke into a huge smile and he hurried to the kitchen, making a pot of coffee. He came back a few moments later with a steaming mug and passed it to you. You wrapped your cold fingers around the cup and sipped it, pulling back immediately and making a disgusted face. The hybrid burst into laughter at your face and took the cup from you.

"S-Sorry noona," He choked through his laughter. "Hobi drinks his coffee black, I forgot to ask. Do you want sugar?" You nodded, the bitter taste lingering in your mouth. "Cream?" He asked next and you shook your head no. He returned to the kitchen and came back, passing you the cup and watching as you tried again, tentatively. It was better now and you looked up at him greatfully.

"Thank you Tae," you said. He smiled and sat down next to you as you sipped the warm liquid. He turned the tv on and you sat in comfortable silence together. The food came, and he convinced you to eat a little. The day passed and he had to leave a bit before Jimin got home.

"I have a job now noona," he said proudly as he cleaned up the room from his meal. "Do you need anything before I go?" You shook your head and he smiled, coming over to hug you affectionately. "I'll see you later noona."

You sat quietly on the couch with the tv on, not really watching it until you heard the door open a little while later. Jimin came in, his eyes finding you immediately. He smiled upon seeing you and came straight to your side, sitting down on the couch close to you. He saw the empty coffee cup on the table before you and smiled, turning back to you.

"How are you baby?" He asked, taking your hand in his and pressing it against his lips. You just leaned over and rested your head against his shoulder, breathing in the familiar scent of the bakery on his skin.