Chapter 19: Last Chance Connor

Song Quote: Last Surprise
"You'll never see it coming, You'll see that my mind is too fast for eyes.
You're done in by the time it's hit you.
Your last surprise"
~~~

Connor pulled up to the police station but you noticed he's closed his eyes and hasn't responded to when you talk to him.

"Must be doing something important..." you muttered and you decided to take a look at your tablet again.

Unlocking the tablet you see a document that read How to set your RH200 different modes.

"Is this for the Android, Human and Hybrid modes?" You wondered as you opened the file.

The document only showed you how to activate each mode manually yourself or with voice commands.

You glanced to the side to see Connor leaning closely towards you looking at your screen.

"What's that for?" He asked curiously.
"Apparently it's to change my different features to the three modes I have" you tell him as you glaze over each command neutrally.

He reads the document silently but then proceeds to get out of the car
"Let's go" he calls for you to follow.

Putting the tablet away you get out and follow behind the android into the building.

You see Hank sitting at his desk thinking to himself but he perks up when he sees both of you.

"(Y/n) how are you doing?" He questions with worry in his voice.
"I've been better but never mind that. Connor told me we were off the case" You respond and Hank sits back down "Yep and we were so close..." he mutters as he looks down disheartened.

"We could have solved this case.... We just needed more time" Connor adds frustration in his voice.

"So aren't you going back to Cyberlife?" Hank asks Connor.
You look at Connor your eyes wide with shock.
"He's leaving...?" Your heart sank a bit at the news.

"I have no choice...I'll be deactivated and analyzed to find out why I failed..." He trails off his face showing signs of him being troubled.

"What if We're on the wrong side?" Hank asks both of you.
"What if we are fighting against people who just want to be free?" He adds in.

"Honestly Hank, I think we are..." You trailed off in thought looking down at your hands remembering the shiny bright plastic you saw once before.

Connor looks at both of you "When the deviants rise up there will be chaos, we could have stopped it...But now it's too late..." Connor replies then looks down in regret.

"Connor back at Kamski's place you decided not to shoot (Y/n). You put yourself in her shoes" Hank argues as he gestures to you.
"You put yourself in her shoes, You showed empathy Connor. Empathy is a human emotion" Hank tells him as you look into Connor's conflicted eyes.

"You could have decided to kill me for your mission but you didn't and that says a lot" You gazed at him with a small smile on your lips.

Connor stares into space troubled as if he seemed conflicted with himself.
"I know I am not a deviant" He denied staring at both of you.