Chapter 13

Tuesday, October 19, 2018

Taylor leaned against the locker beside Kimani's as she waited on her to get her books.

"You coming to the talent show with me friday?" Kimani asked her.

"I might."

"You might?"

"That's what I said." Taylor said looking down at her.

"You're so mean" Kimani pouted causing Taylor to chuckle. Kimani stared at her friend's appearance while they walked to class.

This week was homecoming week and today was college day. They both wore their Lsu attire. Kimani wore her long sleeve Lsu shirt along with some black skinny jeans and a pair of uggs with her curly hair pulled back in a low ponytail. Taylor rocked an Lsu jersey with some grey sweat pants with the nike jacket to match and her wheat timbs to top it off. Her dreads were just redone a couple of days ago so she had them in a ponytail showing off her neatly shaped up line. She also had expensive diamonds in her ears.

"What you looking at?" Taylor questioned Kimani while smirking. Kimani only rolled her eyes.

"I got a new tongue ring." Taylor casually told the girl. "Wanna see?"

"Yeah."

Taylor stuck her tongue out and revealed her tongue ring that said 'cum here' on the top part causing Kimani to gasp.

"You nasty!" She exclaimed.

Taylor laughed and threw her arm around Kimani's shoulder as they turned the curb to be greeted by Jazzy.

"Can I talk to you?" She asked Kimani.

Kimani looked up at Taylor. "Ima uh, see you in class." Taylor commented before walking off.

"What? You gay now?" Jazzy said looking at Kimani in disgust.

"No. Why would you say that?"

"Look who you hanging with" Jazzy motioned towards Taylor who was now talking to this girl beside the water fountain.

"Ok, and? She's my friend Jazzy. Ain't nothing wrong with her." Kimani protested.

"Whatever, we haven't hung out in weeks. That's my replacement or something?" Jazzy quavered.

Kimani began to feel uncomfortable, she wondered why her friend was acting like that.

"That's your fault! You've been hanging with them messy girls that jumped Tamera. I don't mess with them and you know that." Kimani said getting upset.

"I hope you've been keeping your mouth shut about that."

Kimani looked at her friend in disbelief.

"That isn't my business to tell. Why are you still hanging with them girls anyways?"

"They my friends Mani, ain't nothing wrong with them." Jazzy imitated her friend before walking off and bumping Kimani's shoulder while doing so.

Kimani knew that she was losing her best friend and she hated it. Kimani felt hot tears trickling down her face. She wasn't even aware that she was crying.

Trey soon walked up to her.

"What's wrong Mani?" He asked her.

She looked at him skeptically. She didn't know about the stuff with his brother but she knew that he did fight his sister.

"Nothing, I'm okay." She told him.

"You sure, if you need to talk we can go to my car..." He began.