Part 37

"Seunghyun," You said, trying to keep your voice from shaking. "What do you want?"

"What do you mean sweetheart?" He asked, cocking his head to the side and surveying you with interest. "I want you of course." Jimin's tail swished angrily behind him and he balled his hands into fists, gritting his teeth. You placed your hand gently on his arm and glanced at him, that small gesture making him step back and take a deep breath.

"I don't want you though," you replied to him quietly.

"Oh sweetheart, do we really have to do this again? I know you don't mean that," he said sighing. "You need me. We belong together."

You hesitated. "I - I left you Seunghyun. I don't need you anymore."

"Oh baby, you'll always need me," he said, stepping closer and smiling. "What if you get into trouble again? What if your little business goes under? Hm? Who else do you have that could bail you out? Surely you couldn't put that kind of strain on our dear friend Jung...not again." You swallowed, his words echoing through your head. He was right. How could you take care of Jimin if something happened? You bit your lip and looked up at him uncertainly.

-

What the hell was happening? Jimin watched in horror as the man spoke softly to y/n. When she first addressed him she had been full of anger and determination but it was like he was wearing her down. Jimin could drag her out right now, physically keep her away from him. He should have made her stay home today. But then...would that make him any better than the man she was so terrified of that she had stayed in bed for two days? He frowned at his own thoughts, hating what this man was doing to them.

"Come on baby," Jimin heard Seunghyun saying to her. His deep voice was quiet and soothing as he spoke to her. "Just, come home with me and we'll talk everything out. I forgive you for leaving me. Just come with me." He reached a hand out to her, waiting expectantly for her to take it and join him. Jimin watched helplessly as she looked at his hand for a moment as if she was seriously considering leaving with him. "Of course, we'll have to do something about the hybrid..." with that last comment Jimin knew Seunghyun had lost her and he smirked in relief at the man's mistake. She seemed to snap back to herself at the words. She took a step back from the counter and toward Jimin, glancing at him before looking back to the man.

"What do you mean?" She asked, terror creeping into her voice.

"You adopted it didn't you?" He asked in annoyance, dropping his hand and giving the cat a disgusted look. "It certainly can't stay with us at my place...we'll have to get rid of it." It? Jimin thought, flinching at the word.

"It?" She whispered to the man, her eyes widening as if they were sharing the same thought. He rolled his eyes in annoyance and sighed.

"Come on y/n, can we just forget about the whole hybrid thing? It doesn't matter what you call them. They're not human. They don't think like us, they don't feel like us. They're dirty and they-"

"STOP," she shouted, her hands clenching into fists and shaking with fury at her sides.

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry. I know how you feel about them. Can we just go now?" He asked, extending his hand to her again. She shook her head roughly.

"I'm not going anywhere with you Seunghyun. I left you and I'm done with you. You never loved me and I don't love you anymore," She said, her teeth gritted in anger.

"Don't lie to me baby, I know you never stopped loving me. And I've always loved you, my beautiful girl," he said, his voice soothing again, his cold eyes the only betrayal.

"This isn't love!" She insisted, gesturing between them. "You don't treat the things you love the way you treated me. I'm not a toy for you to play with, I'm a person with feelings and thoughts and dreams. And so is Jimin," she said, tearfully.