Chapter 22

Rose's POV

I pulled up to the building and parked the car at the curb. I sucked a breath in before hopping out and heading to the door. The pain in my side was throbbing now and was being to sting. I searched through my wallet and pulled out my ID showing it to the guard waiting inside the first set of doors.

"Agent Foxx are you okay?" Jesse, another agent, ran towards me as I stumbled into the main room. I smiled weakly at her.

"Ya, I'm fine I just need to get stitched up and then talk to the boss." Jesse put her arm around my torso supporting me to the medical area. The doctor took me in right away laying me on a gurney.

After my wound was cleaned and sewed up, I headed towards my boss Jordan's office. I knocked softly before opening the door slowly.

"Agent Foxx, I heard you were shot, are you okay?" He asked watching me closely as I attempted to sit down. I winced in pain letting a deep breath out.

"Yes Sir, I am all good now and I came to tell you that I have failed The Spades mission. They found out and that's why I got shot. I need to be relocated far from here so they don't come after me," I said.

"I know, we've been watching you. I've seen you and one of the members, getting cozy." My heart dropped, he knew I was going to lose my job because of this.

"Sir, you don't understand. They aren't as bad as they seem and at first, I thought they were evil too. But then I got to know them and they are just people trying to stay alive the only way they know how. And I know that's no excuse for killing people or selling weapons or drugs but they were born into this life, it's all they've ever known. Please don't harm them or anything my best friend is in love with one of them and she would hate me forever if anything happened to him and she knew it was because of the CIA." I was close to sobbing at this point. "You also can't hurt them because I'm in love with one of them. He hates me now but that doesn't mean I don't want him to be safe. You can fire me or do whatever you have to but leave them all out of it." He sat there watching me handing me a tissue to wipe my tears that had fallen. Jordan was compassionate even though he looked stone cold it was all an act to be the big bad boss everyone feared and respected.

"Rosalie, I'm not firing you. You are an amazing agent and would be stupid of me to get rid of you. We can't help who we fall in love with, it happens when we least expect it. I should know, it happened to me on a case." I looked at him surprised. I didn't know he had been in a situation similar to mine. "She was killed later in the mission but she was the love of my life and she was the person I was supposed to surrender to the CIA. But I had to stay with her for years to gain her trust and at first, it was fake love but then it became real. I couldn't do it and one day we were out on the town and someone else had a hit out on her and she got shot. It killed her instantly." He continued and I could hear the sadness in his voice, "Foxx, know what it is like for love to come at the most inconvenient moments. I'm just putting you on probation and I'll see where I can get you relocated-" He was cut off with Agent Conaway coming in.

"Foxx, someone named Violet is outside and is insisting that you go talk to her," he nervously said shifting on his feet. She definitely threatened him or something.

"Okay, I'll go down," I sighed knowing she was going to find me but I just prayed it was only her and nobody else.

"Thank you, Sir, I'll swing by later with my case report," I said standing up making my way to the door

"That won't be necessary, you go home and rest," he smiled kindly, I nodded thankfully he wasn't going to make me tell my secrets. I made my way to the elevator pushing the first-floor button. I didn't know what I was going to say to her or how she was going to react.