Chapter 2

9 years later

The feeling of cold water splashing on my face woke me up from a deep sleep. Some of the water and gone up my nose, causing me to double over coughing just to get the water out. I could hear chuckling from the foot of my bed.

"Good morning," Jasper laughed as he clenched an empty water bottle.

"You ass," I shouted as I hurled my pillow at him, which he caught with ease.

"Awe no good morning kiss?" He asked as he stepped closer to me.

"I thought I told you to stay out of my room," I stated as I eyed the open window. Jasper's bedroom was directly next to mine and our windows lined up perfectly, even with the two foot gap in between.

"Well I had to wake you up," he said as he stop just inches from me. "Don't want to be late for our last day of school."

Suddenly, the alarm on my phone went off, and Jasper smiled smugly. Oh I wanted to punch that smile off his face so bad.

"Get out," I huffed as I started to smack him in the arm. I wasn't strong, so I didn't cause the damage that I wanted.

"Relax women," he said as started to walk over to the window. "I'll see you in a bit."

As soon as his last foot was out the window, I slammed it shut. I swear I could hear him laughing at me.

I groaned as I flopped on my bed. Why does Jasper feel the need to come into my room. This was the second time this week. I really needed to fix the lock on my window.

For the past 9 years, Jasper has made my life hell. When we were kids, he bullied me relentlessly. He would call me names, and eventually the other kids joined. The friends I once had alienated me all because of him. Even in highschool this still happens. I would make a friend, he would scare them away.

As we got older, Jasper used his size against me. He was always taller than me. I stopped growing freshman year at five-five and he's well over six foot. He always made sure that things were always placed higher up so I couldn't reach it. Like, he always rearranges the pantry and puts my poptarts on higher shelf's.

I sigh and roll out of bed and start doing my morning routine. For the past few days it had been non-stop rain, which was nice since it was cold out.

I close the blinds of the window and start getting dressed for the day. Black leggings, black boots, and my gray faux leather jacket. My favorite outfit. I grabbed my back pack off my desk chair and head down to the kitchen.

"You better be on that flight tomorrow," I hear my mom threaten into the phone. I roll my eyes as I grab a box of cereal that was on the counter along with a bowl. My mom listened to whoever she was on the phone with as she walked to the fridge and pulled the milk out before handing it to me. "Then buy a ticket." She hit the end button and sighed.

"What was that all about?" I asked as I poured the milk.

"My assistant didn't by himself a plan ticket for Italy when I told him to and now the flights booked."

"That darn Brad," I mumbled into my cereal. "When do you leave?"

"Two days," she said.

Mom was the head of a real estate company now. She recently got a promotion that sends her all over for conferences. She likes it, I keeps her busy.

"You're dad called," she said, causing me to freeze. "He wanted to wish you a good last day of school."

"Yeah right," I say as I set my spoon down.