Chapter Eleven

"Fifth Year"

•••••••••••••••••••••Sirius POV:

Sirius POV:

"She was just trying to protect me."

"What do you mean by 'she was just trying to protect you'? Protect you from what?" I asked the sobbing redhead, with a furrowed brow.

"Severus, Bellatrix, and a few other Slytherins  had been extra cruel during their regularly scheduled program of 'terrorize the muggle-borns'. They left me and this first year pretty banged up; cuts, bruises, the lot."

"Well, I don't really give a damn about your cuts and bruises, Evans! Nora is in a bit more of a severe state, than some cuts and bruises!" James snapped at the redhead, making me try and calm him down.

"James, you can rage later, but you won't do Nora any good if you loose it." I tell the bespectacled Potter boy, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Let Lily finish the story."

The Seeker simply nodded his head reluctantly, letting out a frustrated huff and running his hand through his curls.

"I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, so I wasn't planning on telling her about what happened. But when Nora saw what they did, she completely snapped. She made me tell her what happened and then she just left. I tried to stop her, but I lost Nora in the breakfast rush crowd."

"I was an idiot to think that she'd be perfectly fine on her own. I should have known better, considering the last time she fought them. Now my best friend is unconscious with multiple puncture wounds and a possibility of never waking up." Lily sighed, wiping her tears away with her hands.

"Madam Pomfrey will know what to do. She'll find out what spell was used and heal Nora. Nora will wake up and everything is going to be fine." Remus spoke for the first time since we came into the Hospital Wing, sounding as though he was trying to convince himself of his own words rather than us.