Chapter 41

Naruto decided that she'd shower and change into another set of ninja attire then go back to change into nicer clothing after hanging out with Ino and Sai. Ino had dragged both Naruto and Sai to look at anything and everything. Naruto sent an exasperated look towards Sai who shrugged, letting his girlfriend do what she wanted to. "Come come! Look at this!" Ino squealed pulling Naruto towards a shop selling dresses.
"Ino please,  I am going to be late if we keep this up I am going to be late for my date." Naruto reminded the blond, making her gasp.
"Oh my god! I got too excited I forgot about that." Naruto sighed mockingly, shaking her head with a small smile on her face. Ino smacked Naruto arm for teasing her. The Yamanaka heiress pushed Naruto towards the direction of home after exchanging their goodbyes.

Naruto looked back to see if Ino and Sai have gone on their way before she disappeared into thin air. Naruto appeared in her small cave home where Sasuke had stayed over once or twice, complaining about how cold the room is and always seeking to cuddle with her. Naruto rolled her eyes all the time when he pulled that trick, he could have straight up told her he wanted to cuddle but his Uchiha pride still needs to be intact. She smiled softly to herself, Sasuke had been with her for so long and yet he has never once given up on her even during her depression... even during the days when she could not get out of bed or function at all. He never gave up or abandoned her when times got tough. I love you so much Sasuke... I don't know what you see in me but thank you.
I am telling you, that brat is up to something. Kurama said, wiggling his tail and eyebrows.
What are you on about? Naruto mused to the fox as she changed into her nicer clothing, i.e. the dress that Mikoto bought because Naruto should dress up more. Kurama watched her as she tugged at her dress as if she was uncomfortable. I am saying that the Uchiha brat is planning something. Naruto twisted and tugged at the offending piece of clothing again, it wasn't her usual ninja attire. She had promised Sasuke that she would dress up for this date instead of rocking up in her combat clothing all the time.
Like what? How to break up with me? Naruto asked, she was getting better with not self-deprecating but in a way, old habits die hard. Kurama smacked his face against the walls, grumbling about stupid insufferable jinchurikis and how idiotic one particular blond is. You insufferable child. Why are you being like this? Kurama growled, making Naruto give him a lazy grin. Instead of answering the fox, she picked up a shawl Sasuke bought for her and wrapped it around her shoulders. I don't know if you have terrible fashion sense or if Uchiha has terrible fashion sense. Kurama commented, making Naruto let out a small growl. She tried again, wrapping the shawl a different way. She decided that it would be nice to wear something Sasuke bought to show him that she would use it. Thinking it looked decent, Naruto decided to ignore the nine-tailed fox's jab and made her move to gathering her belongings and some weapons to see if she could tuck them anywhere. You are going on date, not a mission. Kurama grumbled to the blond. And I am an S-ranked Shinobi and everyone wants my head for bounty. Sasuke is an S-ranked Shinobi, they want his head too and I must protect him.
You buffoon, Sasuke can protect his damn self. Naruto sighed, arguing with Kurama is going to get them no where. Get going, kiddo.

Naruto tugged at her dress nervously. It wasn't that they haven't gone on a fancy date before but Sasuke seems to have been planning it for a really long time compared to their usual dates. Thinking about the fact that he might have been planning for a while makes her worry that she might mess something up. Stop worrying and go. Kurama coaxed, feeling Naruto panic. Brat, you have faced so many s-ranked enemies, a date will not kill you. Naruto clenched her jaw tightly before she took a deep breath to calm herself, Sasuke will be here soon to bring her to what he calls a 'surprise' and she can't let her nervousness ruin the mood.