Explaining

Olivia's POV
Cameron's hands are tightly gripped to the steering wheel the whole ride to Dylan's house. Once we arrive I quickly throw open the door. We run up to the front door of the house and as soon as I'm about to knock the door swings open revealing a relieved looking Dylan. He pulls me into a tight embrace.

"Oh, Jesus Liv. I was so worried" he says rubbing his hands up and down my back.  Trying to make sure I'm real.

"It's ok Dyl. I'm here" I reassure him. Leaning into his embrace. He pulls away from our hug but keeps his arm tightly around my shoulders, and leads me towards his game room where the rest of the his and Ronan are situated. I take a seat on the couch and Dylan follows. I turn to him.

"What's going on Dylan?" I ask him. I'm begging for answers. he turns to me concern filling his eyes.

"You're in danger Olivia" he responds.

"So Cam already said but how? Why?" I ask. My questions growing. The rest of the boys are silent looking to Dylan for an answer.

"You have to promise not to run," he says. Looking me in my eyes. I nod slowly.

"Ok" I swear. He sighs.

"You know the rumors that I lead a gang?" He asks. I nod again. Afraid to speak.

"Well it's true" he confesses. I roll my eyes. He looks at me confused.

"You knew?" Leo's voice pops up in the background. Both Dylan and my heads turn to him.

"It's kinda obvious. I didn't know how far Dylan was in on it. But you guys are always going out and Julian is pretty bad at lying" I confess. The boys turn to glare at Julian.

"She asked where I was going once and I may have responded with the bed" he confesses. Cameron slaps the back of his head.

"Dumbass," He says. I turn back to Dylan.

"So you're the leader?" I ask.

"Yes," he responds scratching the back of his neck. I sigh.

"So what happened?" I ask. Curious as to why I was rushed out of my math class. Dylan visibly gulps. He's scared. I don't think I've ever seen him scared.

"An ally of ours blindsided me while some others were sent in to get you," he says.

"Why me?" I ask.

"Because you're mine" he snaps. I roll my eyes.

"You gangs are pretty cliche" I state. Dylan looks at me weirdly.

"Why're you taking this so well?" Leo asks.

"I've been through some pretty weird shit" I confess. Looking down at my hands. I see Dylan's large hands engulf mine and squeeze them. I look up at him.  He offers me a small smile and I comply by giving him my own.

"So what are we doing now?" I ask looking around the room.

"We keep you safe" Dylan states. I roll my eyes.

"I meant what's the plan?" I ask.

"We keep you here" Julian states. I frown.

"What about David?" I ask them.

"He's already been informed," Dylan says.

"He was ok with this solution," I ask.  Not believing that the uncle who treated me like a delicate broken flower would let me stay at my boyfriend's house for an unsolicited amount of time.

"He maaaaay be part of the gang" Dylan whispers as if wanting me not to hear. My mouth drops open.

"What the fuck!!" I scream. "Uncle David is part of a fucking gang?!?"

"He's more of a correspondent. Just getting us info" Dylan says. As if that isn't a big deal. I sigh.

"Good fucking god" I state. Leaning into the couch. I look around the room and realize someone is missing.

"Where's Ash?" I ask. I'm the room goes quiet. I look around.

"Olivia..." Dylan says. Trailing off. I look to Noah who staring stone-faced at the wall and Tears well up in my eyes.

"No" I beg.

"They took her, they took Ashley"