Mystery / Thriller Winners!

Hello lovelies! I have an announcement before you read through the winners listed below!! We had many complications for this genre, and we've ended up with two judges who have their own list of winners! So please read through both. I'm sorry that this genre took awhile to announce, but thankfully it's finally here! Thanks to: Lightrous for being the original judge and completing your work. Thank you to: GoldenPen_ for doing the entire genre in one day! You are honestly always one of the most dedicated judges I've ever had. 

Please Remember!: If you want your winner sticker you'll need to private message my main account: coolcourtney5 <3 If you have won more than one position please ask me for the higher rank sticker you've won. <3 

First up! Winners chosen by: Lightrous 

Honourable Mention: 

Fighting Animals  by: LolaDom Score: 85/100

In Third Place we have!: 

Hitching by: DanielleRGraham Score: 93/100.

Review: This was the first submission that actually struck a chord with me. The pacing is well done, structure is polished, and the progression of the plot is sufficiently thrilling. However, the winning factor of this story is the character-crafting. The protagonist's narrative alongside her interaction with other supporting characters, expressed both in dialogue and in the protagonist's personal thoughts, interwoven with the killer's brief yet impactful perspective, takes my breath away and leaves my heart racing to get to the next word, to the next line, and to the next chapter. I'd definitely continue reading this story to the end on my own time. Well done, and keep it up!

Congratulations lovely! <3 

Coming in at Second Place we have!!: 

The Girl Who Kept Running by: RhodoraO Score: 94.5/100

Review:  I'm not gonna lie, this wasn't my kind of story from the get-go, but your story-crafting has me speechlessly in awe. It is one of the two most professionally written out of all the submissions. The language/diction is beautiful, structure is unwavering, and imagery is powerful, though it does have a bit of a slow start. Every word seems meticulously chosen and this pays off signifciantly. It is unfortunate that only five chapters are judged, but it's a story I'd definitely read to the very end on my own free time. A quick note about the cover though (which I did not take into consideration while scoring the submissions): its quality really under-represents the contents within. It's just my opinion, but the story deserves a much better cover than the one currently in use.

Congratulations lovely!! <3 <3 

Annnd Finally! For our First Place Winner!!!: 

Chasing Back Alleys by: eastcoastgirrrl Score: 98/100

Review: My god. The suspense. I'm just going to put aside the initial hook, the characters, pace, imagery, and diction because they are already as polished as they need to be. They are near flawless. But the way you craft your story, the way you tell your tale, the way you lead us by the head and pull us by the rear, the way you make the reader a slave to your narration is masterful. I felt manipulated by the way you directed your plot and I felt dictated by the way you controlled my emotions, all through the use of phenomenal dialogue and soon, I found it hard to breathe. And I loved it. I loved the way it made me feel, the way it reduced me to my very core, so much so that I found it difficult to remember I was judging as my eyes devoured every single one of your words off my tiny digital screen with an irrepressible, almost childish ecstasy. I have nothing else to say -- aside from the fact that this was an absolute pleasure to read. You have no idea how hard it was not to give this a perfect score. I can't wait to read more.

Congratulations lovely!!! <3 <3 <3

And Now for the winners chosen by: GoldenPen_ 

In Third Place we have!: 

Dead Ends by: Follow-The-Wisps Score: 92/100

Review: I love how you've done your best to portray Cindy's condition correctly. I know quite a bit about anterograde amnesia since I've studied it in my psychology classes, and I rarely find accurate descriptions of it in fiction.

I also like the pacing of your book. It starts off peacefully, with Cindy in the car with her parents, and then things get darker from there.

Congratulations lovely! <3 

Coming in at Second Place we have!!: 

Fighting Animals by: LolaDom Score: 94.5/100

Review: I enjoy how the title ties into the story immediately. We begin with Conner and his fighting, an initial reference to the story's title. I also like how we get glimpses into both Conner's and Delilah's lives, and the transitions between the two are executed nicely.

I don't often like third-person books, because sometimes they can lead someone to feel disconnected from the characters, but yours was written in a way that kept me connected and engaged.The only thing I wasn't a huge fan of was multimedia in the chapters. I believe you mentioned doing this to appeal to younger audiences, or something along the lines. I'm twenty, and I'm okay with it at the top of a chapter when it's not in the middle of the actual writing, but when it interrupts the flow of the story, it's a definite no for me. That's the only real reason why you lost points, and overall your story was quite enjoyable.

Congratulations lovely!! <3 <3

Annnd Finally! For our First Place Winner!!!: 

Hitching by: DanielleRGraham Score: 98.5/100

Review: I only read five chapters of this in order to judge, but I'm definitely coming back to read more when I have time.

Taryn and Owen's relationship fascinates me, and I want to know more about how they got to know each other. Taryn is an interesting character on her own, and I'm excited to learn more about the dreams she's having. Her perspective is interesting to read, and I like her attitude. Nice job.Your pacing is also good, and you've been successful at sprinkling in hints and new information so that background and details don't overwhelm your readers. Your chapters are a nice length, and you have done a nice job with grammar throughout.

Congratulations lovely!!! <3 <3 <3