Chapter 7

Adam and I have been dating for a while now and everything's been going great. We spend most of our weekends together, we go on dates on a regular basis and we still work great together like a well oiled machine....

Since I've known Adam's parents before we were even dating, they were excited to hear that we are now together; especially Monica, his mom. Sometimes Monica invites us over for dinner and we always have a great time.

Your probably wondering if he's met my parents. Well, no. But I've decided that it's time for them to meet. I've mentioned to my parents that I'm seeing someone but I haven't given them details as yet.

Today is Wednesday. I'm at work and lunch time is rolling around. I decided to spend lunch with Adam today and tell him about my desicion.

I log off on my computer, grab my wallet and phone and head out of my office. I lock it and head to Claire's table.

See now, Adam and I haven't informed out co-workers of our romance but I think they're getting a bit suspicious.

Anyway,I get to her desk and she's still hard at work.

"Hey Claire. Aren't you going to take a lunch break today?" I ask as I raise an eyebrow.

She glanced at me for a bit and got back to her work. "No, I can't. I have a million and one tasks to finish. You wanted to go out to lunch with me?"

"Uhhh, not exactly. I was going to get Mr Grey his lunch and possibly eat with him."

She looked at me with a smirk on her face and stopped working for a moment. "You do know your the only person he's nice to and your the only assistant I've seen him have lunch with. Is there something I need to know Blake?"

"Bye Claire." I turned and walked to the elevator, completely ignoring her question.

I took the elevator to the first floor and I smiled at Annie as I passed her desk.

I was on my way to get Adam and I lunch and I decided to simply buy us some Mc Donald's...I mean come on, who doesn't like having some McD once in a while?

I went through the drive thru and I was back at the office in no time.

I knocked on Adam's door and I heard a 'come in', so I did as instructed.

Adam looked up from his computer and his eyes lit up when he saw me come in. He eyed the paper bag on my hand and cardboard drink holder in my other hand.

He smiled and said "How did you know I was hungry."

I let out a small chuckle and replied in a teasing tone "Lucky guess."

I put the items on the desk and opened the bag.

"Alright. McFeast Deluxe large meal for you with a Coke. And a spicy chicken foldover medium meal with a Watermelon McFizz for me." I said as I pulled the items out of the bag.

I handed him his food and he smiled in gratitude as he started eating. When we were done eating I cleaned up the table and threw the trash away.

"So, I've made a decision." I said nervously as I bit my lip.

"What is it?" He said as he gave me his undivided attention.

"I think It's time for you to meet my parents. I would love for you to meet them."

I waited for his reaction.

He grinned like a Cheshire cat and said "I would love to babe. Just tell me when and I'll prepare myself."

"How does this weekend sound? We can fly down to Chicago on Friday, sleep over at my parent's and come back on Sunday. Just in time to prepare for work on Monday."

"That sounds like a great plan. But I'm now I'm getting a bit nervous."

"Don't worry. My dad is chilled and my mom is crazy like me. I'm sure you'll love them and vice versa." I said with a huge smile on my face.

"Ok. Tell me something I need to know about your parents that I don't already know about them"

I started getting a bit nervous on what his reaction will be to what I'm about to say.

"Well, uh, my dad is a cop. So he can be intimidating when he wants to be."

Adam seemed to freeze in his seat in fear. "Uhh, ok. I just have to not piss him off and I'll be fine."

I burst out laughing at his reaction and he looked at me as if I've gone bananas.

"Sorry. Just the look of fear on your face is priceless." I wiped tears from the corners of my eyes from laughing too hard and continued to say "Don't worry Adam, you'll be just fine."

"Your mom's a Pediatrician right?"

"Yep. Weird combination of a cop and a Paediatrician, I know" I said with a small chuckle.

I got up from my chair and rounded the desk. I turned his swiveling chair so that he can face me. I kissed his lips and he groaned in response.

He pulled me into his lap and I broke away from the kiss before things became too heated. I pecked his lips one more time before I got up from his lap.

"I better get back to work or else the boss will be on my ass for not working." I said and threw a wink his way.

"The boss will be on that ass either way." He said with a smirk.

I just shook my head with a smile and went to my office via the connecting door between Adam's and my office.

A/N: Sooo, meeting Blake's parents soon... what do you think? And he's dad's a cop, I wonder what will happen🤔

Please vote and comment☺