Arc 1.6

Chapter 7

Since the last time they talked about parting ways, Li Heng was as silent as a mute, not speaking a word to Lu Yan since then. If this handsome creature didn't move, Lu Yan would have thought his housemate got replaced by a realistic statue, but sadly he's quite the real deal, throwing such a sulking face at him every time their gazes met. But would that incite pity on him? Regrettably, no! For his plans of hastening the plot, their parting is inevitable. And besides, he has been here for quite a while and was only able to go to the supermarket and the beach, and most of his time spent cooped up in the villa together with Li Heng playing house.

Three days passed, and Lu Yan deemed it enough for Li Heng to think about what he proposed.

"It's time. Have you packed your bags?" Lu Yan asked despite knowing that Li Heng only has a couple of clothes he bought for him. If Li Heng were in a good mood, he'd smile in response, but alas, he isn't so he only scoffed at him. Seeing that, Lu Yan really can't help but grimace at the protagonist's childishness. 'Why do I feel like a mother-in-law bullying her son's wife?' I'm not even bullying him; in fact, compared to other evil landlords, he considered himself nice, unlike the one in his previous life. Knowing that, he didn't bother him anymore and went back to his room to get ready, with a camping bag on his back, a trolley in his hand, and a car key in his pocket, Lu Yan is up and ready to leave.

Though he very much did not want to part, Li Heng had no choice, so he also got up and followed Lu Yan. He didn't bother bringing some clothes as there were so few, or it might be he is reluctant to take what seems to be the only thing that would remind the other party that he existed. That they were together for a short amount of time. Thus, with a heavy heart, Li Heng took large strides to catch up with Lu Yan, who has already walked up to the car.

Turning his keys, the car's door opened, then he opened the trunk to put his bags in. Turning his back, he saw Li Heng walking up to him, gazing at him with such longing eyes. Why? Is he sad that they have to part? Well, even if they parted, they will still meet each other, but the next time would be as enemies. And besides, he is not a masochist who continuously seeks death; he might if Ah Bao tasked him to do so, but otherwise, he will not. Such a painful death is something he didn't want to experience. And despite knowing that he'll be the protagonist's meat shield from now on, he still wanted to experience the life he never had, and since he didn't die yet, he might as well fulfill it.

One person driving, another one gazing at the window with his chin leaning against his hand, seemingly in deep thought. Just like this, the two spent the whole ride quietly, not bothering each other. If watched from afar, one might think they quarreled and are now deliberately ignoring each other, but alas, they weren't husband and wife having a lover's quarrel; they are a pair of strangers who happened to meet and now are parting, a very sad reality.

"We are almost at the capital, where is your house located?" Breaking the ice between them, Lu Yan nonchalantly asked.

"Just go ahead; I'll tell you to stop once we get there," Li Heng replied grumpily, not even turning his head to Lu Yan. He thought to himself that the party really wanted to kick him out. And the very thought of it pissed him off to no end. Clenching and unclenching his fist to hold himself from snapping, Li Heng meditated to himself that he has to calm his mind else he might do something he might regret later on.

"En," Lu Yan nodded in response.

Time passed, and they finally reached the capital, but even so, Li Heng still continued to stay quiet, showing no indication of telling him to stop. And as Lu Yan was about to ask again, he found something disturbing, causing his brows to arch and then scrunch up.

Noticing that the car halted, Li Heng turned to look at Lu Yan, expecting him to look at him, but alas, he was looking at something with an annoyed look he had never seen before. Thus, turning his head to the direction he was looking, Li Heng saw a pair of lovers currently french kissing each other by the sidewalk. Seeing that, Li Heng's veins started throbbing. Who's so shameless you kiss in front of Lu Yan! These bastards are really asking for a beating! Just as Li Heng was about to shout at them to stop polluting their eyes, he noticed the girl's face.

"She's..." despite not speaking loudly, Lu Yan still managed to hear him.

"You know her?" He asked, causing Li Heng to be caught off guard, making him momentarily speechless. Taking that as a response, "So you do," Lu Yan, as though he was quite sure of his own conjecture.

Taking his belt off, Lu Yan was just about to step off the car when suddenly someone grabbed him back to his seat forcefully.

"Ouch, what are you doing?" Exclaiming in pain, Lu Yan sharply turned his head to question Li Heng, making him snap out of it and let his hand go in guilt.

"Ahh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that. It was a reflex," Li Heng said in defense of his sudden odd behavior.

"Don't you wanna talk to them?" Lu Yan questioned to divert the topic.
"No need!" Li Heng flew into anger and shouted in rage as his hands continued clenching and unclenching.

"Up to you then, so where do you wanna go now?" Thinking that the current would be fruitless, Lu Yan changed the topic to lift the gloomy atmosphere.

"Just go ahead," Li Heng repeated his previous statement and toned down his temper a bit as he realized the other doesn't want to pursue on meeting those people.

"Ok," Lu Yan replied then fastened his seatbelt again and drove off.

'This is not over yet; I'll get back to those who deserve my vengeance, and all of you just need to patiently wait for it. I'll make your life miserable as all of you made mine.'

Author's Notes:

Yes. an update!! Miss me? Oh, I miss you too~~~ 😂 Well, some have asked, so I'll answer yes indeed the start was similar to that of HDS, which is why this is written under fan fiction. But anyways, I guess all of you noticed that aside from that, especially the Beauty's Facade which was similar to that of Perfect Expression, let's just say it is the predecessor of the other 😂, all else are mine. And I highly appreciated those who noticed the meaning of the names..😂 haha (Though I mentioned it on the note below, but anyways you get the reason for it.) And I also want to thank for all the votes, comments, and follows. Thank you very much for all your support!