Chapter 18

"Mamá, I already said I'll be there," Billion grunted as he half-listened to the rant on the other end of the phone

The woman insists he brings Emery to his sister in law's birthday party. And his endless excuses seemed to have sprinted pass his mother's ears.

Mother's can be unbearable.

Billion turned just in time to see the lady in question coming out of the bedroom.

Lord have mercy ... His gaze trailed to the black heels adorning her feet and then back to her face.

Damn.

Billion fell in love with her new shade of makeup. That brown-reddish lipstick was really bold and charming.

Not to mention tempting. Very tempting.

Emery's face warmed up when his scrutinizing gaze met hers. She mouthed a good morning since he was on the phone.

'Miles did you hear what I said?'

"I do...I mean yes. I heard you Mamá. I'll call you back." Billion groaned and hung up on his mom to save himself from further disgrace.

"Hey. Going somewhere?" He asked.

"Yep. I'm expected at a job interview."

That explains the professional attire then. Her layered shirt was tucked inside a black pencil skirt that leveled her slender waist and curves. It also did a great job of rounding up her bosom.

Billion had to urge his wandering eyes to look somewhere else.

Wait a minute...

"A job interview?" Billion asked in perplexity.

She nodded giddily. The act drew his attention to that voluptuous hair. But she had braided and styled it into a low bun today.

And as usual, she had done that tiny curvy thing at the edges of her hair. It was damn cute.

But...

"What do you need a job for?" Billion questioned.

Emery's smile fell. She raised a brow as she regarded the man before her with an amused look.

"Because some of us have to work to cater for not only ourselves but our loved ones, Mr. Dekker."

Billion sighed. He got up from the couch and trudged over to her.

"The contract stated you'll be receiving $7,000 every month, so why would you want to stress yourself out with a job?"

Emery huffed out a breath. "Bill, about that... I'm grateful for what you did for my brother, and seriously that is enough."

"Em-"

Emery shook her head. "I promised to help you with HOPE out of goodwill and not because of the contract or money. So yeah, I still need a job."