-s e v e n t e e n -

"I'm sorry if I seem uninterested, Or I'm not listenin' or I'm indifferent. Truly, I ain't got no business here, But since my friends are here
I just came to kick it but really, I would rather be at home all by myself not in this room, With people who don't even care about my well being."
-Alessa Cara
(Here)

KAI COACHMAN
[September 12th, 2020]

Finnick, Elliot and I were all out shopping. For some reason May wanted us to try and buy her a Twice poster because she wanted to decorate her room and complete her wall of idols. I argued, grumbled and told her I just wanted to have a lazy day today because I wasn't really fond of September twelfth. I hated when this day came around and I usually spent it secluded alone or with ma.

Even though I was slightly consumed with sadness, I didn't show it in anyway and allowed Elliot to drag Finnick and I into the international store that was beside Forever 21. Elliot's eyes shined with excitement at all the diverse foods and items in here and I acknowledged the multi diverse things in here. There was a Jamaican flag that I was tempted to buy for ma as she's been talking about getting one but never did.

"Let's split up and find that poster May wants," Finnick suggests.

I nod in agreement as Elliot wandered off instantly and began looking everywhere, picking up pottery cups that had no relation to Kpop. I laughed to myself, going around the shop myself and actually looking for the poster because I wanted to go back home. I hated being out in public but today I felt overly suffocated as I usually did when this time came around.

My eyes catch a wall of posters and I walk over, looking into the little cubbies underneath and pulling out a poster with the name 'Twice' on it, the colorful poster held nine girls as they wore smiles. They looked too happy and I became slightly spiteful as I frowned and took the item with me.

I went back to the front of the store where Finnick was, looking for posters before his eyes caught me and the poster in my hand. Finnick and I looked around for Elliot for a moment.

"Where did Elli go?" I asked Finnick.

He shrugged but I saw the worry on his face, "what if he's lost?"

"No way," I shook my head in disbelief, "let's pay for this and ask the cashier."

Finnick nodded and we both made our way to pay for the item. Finnick took out the black shiny expensive looking credit card that I was sure was Killians and he handed it over to the cashier who smiled at him. Finnick blushed at the cashier who was male and obviously gazing at Finnick with heart eyes. There was discomfort in my best friend as the cashier handed the card back to Finn, purposely brushing his hand onto his.

Rolling my eyes at the guy, I wrapped my arms around Finnicks shoulder and glared.

"He's taken," I said bluntly.

"I—I, oh well I wasn't—"

"Weren't checking him out? I wasn't born yesterday," I said.

I was born today actually.

"Sorry," the guy mutters, shoving the poster into the plastic bag and hands it over to me.

"Have you seen the guy who walked in with us? Brown hair, dark blue eyes, childish face with a white t-shirt?" I asked the guy.

The guy nodded, "these children were playing with bubbles and your friend ran out to play with them, he left with the kids."

I face palm right then and there.