25. Announcing The Final Act

{Namimori's suburb, Japan}

"It's time," Byakuran whispered, comfortably seating on his throne. In front of him knelt three of his remaining guardians. Kikyo, Bluebell and Zakuro waited for their next order to go into the battle.

Standing a foot behind Byakuran, the raven head kept his eyes shut. His sense sharpening as he tried to rely on his other faculties.

"Let's get Yuni-chan back," Byakuran stated, his perfect smile never leaving his face. "And annihilate the Vongola."

Koro's hand twitched at the declaration. The movement went unnoticed as the Millefiore guardians laid their plan bare to their boss.

At last, Byakuran nodded, sending his men out for a massacre.

Seconds passed in perfect silence, the sound of the wind ruffling the surrounding leaves being the only distraction as both Koro and Byakuran remained on their previous spot.

And then, a light, so strong even with his eyes closed Koro could feel it through his eyelids. An explosion, so loud Koro could still hear the ringing sound in his ears, and then, nothing.

Koro opened his purple eyes, observing the bright light the storm guardian had produced. He couldn't help the resigned sigh from escaping his lips as he contemplated the other's use of his Box of Carnage as they called it.

From the corner of his eyes, he caught a glimpse of Byakuran's grin widening as a low hum of appreciation and anticipation escaped his lips. The white head's purple eyes cracked open, a predatory glint going through them.

Byakuran's purple orbs flickered in Koro's direction. Violet met each other. A teasing smile replaced Ran's previous expression as he called the older male out.

"Aster, don't you want to go too?" he asked in a sing-song voice. Koro's senses tingled, Byakuran was never this polite with him without reason.

Not showing any signs of his surprise, Koro returned Byakuran's seemingly childish stare with his, own calm one. Waiting for Byakuran to develop what he meant with "wanting to go."

Seeing the others lack off responses, Ran frowned a bit before softening his feature to his smiling one. "Now, Aster, don't be so guarded," he whined. "I'm only trying to be kind, and here you are, ignoring me."