Chapter 54 - The Calm Before

"Where's my mind?
Maybe it's in the gutter where I left my lover
What an expensive fate
My V is for Vendetta
Thought that I'd feel better
But now I got a bellyache"

Harley's P.O.V.

- "Come on Alix. We're spending the night there, not the entire month."

I was sitting in Alix's room, in her desk chair for 15 minutes now while she chose clothes and things she apparently "really needed" and "were very important". I mean how many pieces of clothing does she need? I know we are about to spend the whole time with no clothes on, so it's kind of pointless to take all of that stuff she's packing. Plus I'm pretty sure the Uber is here already.

- "Babe, either help me pack this or shut up. Plus you'll be glad I packed most of this later. I mean don't you really want to see me in one of these?" She responded while showing me some laced black panties.

Well, ok, guess I'll help. She does have a point, I really do want to see her in those. I also really want to take those off of her later.

I stood up and moved towards her, putting a smirk on Alix's face. She won.

I rolled my eyes but continue to help her pack until a knock sounded at the door.

- "Yes?" Alix responded not looking at the door and continued to fold some pieces of sexy underwear.

The door opened for George to peek his head inside.

- "Girls, the Uber is here. Are you done?" He asked and immediately stopped looking at what was in Alix's hands.

Shit.

Alix put the last piece away and responded while I folded the last piece of clothing and put it in her bag.

- "Yeah, just finished. We're going now." She responded not realising her dad was dumbfounded with the fact that he had just seen Alix's delicates.

He seemed to get back to reality and responded.

- "Ok, hum, Harley, can you come here for a second? I need to talk to you before you two go." He asked looking at me. The calmness in is voice could have been unsettling, but instead it actually put me more at ease. Not that it didn't make me a bit nervous, but not nervous enough to think I was going to get punched in the face.

I looked at Alix and back at George, nodding. Alix glared at him for a second, but I gently squeezed her arm to reasure her before I moved to the door and out of the room.

My mom must have been in the bathroom or something cause the living room had no one in sight.

- "So, I'm not going to give you a bad time. I just need you to do something for me. I know I'm not in the place to ask anything from you, but I think this goes beyond that." George said in a low voice.

He had a folded paper in his hand, one I hadn't noticed before. He gave it to me, but before I could open it he motioned for me not to.

- "It's a phone number. An emergency one. If anything unusual happens you call that number. Don't tell Alix I gave it to you. It's for your safety. Don't ask questions, just do what I say. Oh and Harley, please take care of my daughter. That's all I ask." He simply said before Alix got out of the room with a suitcase in hand.

I was confused, but didn't question it. I just quickly put the paper in my jeans pocket and looked at Alix who seemed to be struggling with her suitcase .

- "Can someone please help me with this?" She asked not looking up from the suitcase.

George instantly moved to her and picked it up easily. I got my bag, that was basically a backpack cause I wasn't crazy enough to pack the whole house like Alix.